Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have an 3acp skin on my K2, I like it still but am getting worried about eventually removing it due to the residue mess.  My question is do you think that the longer it is on the harder it will be to remove?  I don't know if I should get the stupid thing off ASAP or leave it since it is a nice skin.  This is the first skin I've ever used so don't know much about them.  TIA!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would suggest taking it off as soon as possible.  The pictures I saw someone post after removing their 3acp skin weren't pretty - it left a lot of residue.  I could only imagine it might get worse with time - possibly in particular when it gets hot.

G

·
I say take it off ASAP. I had one on today that I'd had on my Kindle for about 3 months. It was hell to remove. It tore and tore, had to be pried off in some areas (on the back it stuck so hard it took the battery cover off with it!) and left residue everywhere. 3acp is a terrible company with a terrible product.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I wont use anything except decalgirl.. they are easy to take on and off and NO residue , I had one of those skins and they horrid to remove. Decalgirl is great, if you are careful you can reuse the skin more then once

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just took it off with no problems  ???!!  I will be shopping for a new one to go with my new Oberon I'll be ordering this weekend.  Thanks for the advice and replies!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
so glad you were able to remove it!! check out the decalgirl ones , I never once had a problem with it!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had residue from the 3acp skin but with a bit of patience it came off okay... but that being said I won't buy from them again because decal girl makes a good skin as well without ANY residue.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I had my 3acp skin on for about 2months and it was TERRIBLE when I took it off. As much as I loved these skins cosmetically I will never use them again. I used goo-gone gel to take it off and it took me the better part of an hour to completely get all the residue off.

I'm not saying that will happen to yours. I hope it doesnt. But my personal experience was BAD!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If I were you, I would leave it on and not worry about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts