Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I one clicked on the free new book and right now I just tried to download the new Nora Roberts book and they are not on my Kindle!  When I checked my amazon account they say "pending"? Anyone ever have this happen before?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Firstly, and I'm not trying to insult you here, but is Whispernet on?

If it is, go to your home page. Click Menu, then click "Check for New Items".

Tell me if it works.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is on and getting all bars, went to check for new items and still nothing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to the content manager, books are not there.  Went on "manage your kindle" on amazon, shows the books are there in the list of all my books - i then click to send it to my kindle and it says successful but it is still not dowloading and says pending in the right hand "delivery status" box.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mine didn't even show in my list, they just showed as pre-ordered/pending.  I finally called customer service and had them delete them and reordered them and the downloaded okay.  They said it may be a glitch in the system.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, time to breathe deep - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.  I rebooted and they are there!  I have been waiting ALL DAY to get out of work and start reading The Pagan Stone and I think I was having an anxiety attack when it wouldn't work!  But, everything will be ok now!  Off to read!

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Also know that if the buttons are generally working the quckest reboot is ALT SHIFT (Up arrow) R.  It's way quicker and easier than getting the back off and finding a paper clip.

'Course, if it's completely frozen, you have to use the paper clip trick.
Ann

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am beginning to suspect the success of the Kindle may be overtaking the programmers and sysops at Amazon.  I think their systems may be having a hard time keeping up with the increasing demand for downloads, uploads, etc.

Luckily for us, this is not a permanent problem. I'm sure Amazon will make the required investments in hardware and software to get things running smoothly again.

Either that, or in a few months the "old-time" Kindle owners (those who purchased their Kindles pre-Oprah) will be posting here about the good old days: "Why, I can remember when a whole book would download to your Kindle in just seconds! Can ya believe that?" :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My magazines do too as do all of my orders either from my Kindle or my computer.  It's just the pre-order books that are not getting posted to my account.  I just won't pre-order anything.  I had 6 books pre-ordered for next week and I cancelled all of them.  I'll wait and buy them the day they come out.  It may save me money in the long run, since I usually sample first then order from my Kindle after I read the sample. :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Khabita said:
Either that, or in a few months the "old-time" Kindle owners (those who purchased their Kindles pre-Oprah) will be posting here about the good old days: "Why, I can remember when a whole book would download to your Kindle in just seconds! Can ya believe that?" :)
LOL! I love it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was having this same problem. We don't have great cell reception at home and I have an interior office in a brick building at work. To and from Kathryn is closed up in my purse in its protective case. So, today Kathryn became nekked for a little while and I set her by the window at work. Sure enough, within just a few minutes all the books I ordered came through.

Sally

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I had a problem this afternoon downloading a Nora Roberts book took 4 mins. Its was 2:30 pm est.  I through it was interference at the hospital now I wonder if a lot of people downloaded at the same time?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I had a problem this summer in downloading some books and it was the day (day and a 1/2?) when their service went down. It was all over their discussion boards which finally led me to: http://status.aws.amazon.com/. One other time that I have had any real issues was when I (gulp) maxed out my credit card on books...no further comments on that!

Occasionally I have had books get 'stuck' in the system and have even ordered a couple twice. :eek: Kindle books are returnable within a time frame! :eek: Like you, I found that if a book doesn't get delivered and you've got good coverage, just cancel and try again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts