Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between a BB Travel bag and a Zip Bag.  Does anyone have both?  What are the major differences (other than one has a pocket, the other doesn't)?  What about the size difference?  Padding?  If you do have both, which do you use more often?  I really want a bag, but if I look at the website anymore with my sad puppy dog look, I'm afraid my husband is going to throw the computer away!  Help!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Right now I just have the original zip bag but I wish I had a travel bag as I would love to be able to throw it over my shoulder and carry it that way.  As is, I have to carry it in my hand or by the small hand strap which is kind of annoying.  No idea if this will help your decision - but it's something to consider.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the travel bag and love it. I love the strap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem is that I over think everything.  We don't really travel much, and the only place I go is work, grocery store, and Target.  So I don't really *need* the travel bag.  But then I think, well..what if I do go somewhere?  Then I decide to get the travel bag.  My mind is made up.  Until I start to think that I don't really go anywhere, and would it be to bulky just for around the house?  Kindle Bag, that's it.  But.....what if I do go and the zipper in the front would be perfect....

And on and on.  See why my hubby is threatening to have me committed?  :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have both and I would recommend the travel bag.

I had the zipper bag first and used it all the time: every day in fact.  The loop handle was OK and it served it's purpose well.  (By the way, I only go to work, grocery store and Wal Mart...I primarily take my Kindle to work everyday for lunchtime reading)  I always kind of felt like I was carrying around my cosmetic bag with that. 

I then got a travel bag and I now use it 100% of the time.  I love the strap that I can make small or long for over the shoulder carrying.  I love that it looks more like a purse and I love the pocket.

Honestly, they are about the same size, just different styling.  What I would suggest is to get the travel bag and ask Melissa if you can purchase the loop type strap.  That way, you can change out the straps and decide which you like better.  I betcha the loop strap doesn't cost much at all.  And yes, the travel bag strap is removeable.  It would be easy to interchange them if you had both.....

Let us know what you decide, though!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
Honestly, they are about the same size, just different styling. What I would suggest is to get the travel bag and ask Melissa if you can purchase the loop type strap. That way, you can change out the straps and decide which you like better. I betcha the loop strap doesn't cost much at all. And yes, the travel bag strap is removeable. It would be easy to interchange them if you had both.....
THAT is a fabulous idea! No wonder I'm addicted to this site! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have the original Kindle bag with the optional strap.... I believe the extra strap was $5. I keep the bag and strap hanging by my dog leashes, so when I take the hounds to visit their friends across the street I can drop my Kindle in the bag and have both hands free so I can keep a good grip on both leashes; especially if a SQUIRREL appears.  ;D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Pidgeon:
especially if a SQUIRREL appears.
I can just picture it...lol. You may want to pad the bag for the mad dash with some of Betsy's quilting
materials.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
enwood said:
... I really want a bag, but if I look at the website anymore with my sad puppy dog look, I'm afraid my husband is going to throw the computer away! Help!!
Darn,

I was going to encourage you to drive your husband crazy! ;D

-sailor

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would buy both bags, and then apologies later. Your ability to sleep well at nite with kindle accessories that match your wardrobe over ride any concerns reguarding your husbands sanity.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yeah, buy them both! And say you accidentally clicked add to shopping cart and that it happens.  :-[ :-[

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya'll are bad!  :D

You realize that once I make a decision (and stick to it) then I have to decide on a fabric, or if I want to do a custom fabric....we may well be into divorce proceedings by then!

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I have both bags.  I bought the Travel Bag and won the Top Zip bag.  There is a slight difference in size in that the Top Zip is just a bit bigger.  I actually use both of them at different times, I carry a messenger bag to work everyday and the Top Zip bag fits perfectly inside with other things I take.  The Travel Bag I use to take my KK Aurora with me on the weekends or evenings when I go out.  The Travel Bag is great to take on a walk, to the park, through the mall or where ever you go that you might want to take your Kindle with you easily.  They both are great for different reasons, FYI I had already planned on ordering a 2nd bag when I won the Top Zip bag through the BB contest, will probably go ahead and order another bag in the near future I'm just not sure which bag I will get yet I'm thinking one of the larger bags to eliminate the messenger bag I currently have.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
enwood said:
... or if I want to do a custom fabric....we may well be into divorce proceedings by then...
Just get everything you want...remember where the Kindle goes after the divorce.

With your husband crazy, the Kindle automatically belongs to you. ;D

-sailor

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The wife says she can't drive me crazy, it's more of a putt. ;)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
B-Kay 1325 said:
I have both bags. I bought the Travel Bag and won the Top Zip bag. There is a slight difference in size in that the Top Zip is just a bit bigger.
Something seems a bit off here--the Travel Bag is 10"x8" and the top zip is listed at 10"x7" (as is the side zip). The naked Kindle sleeve is the smallest of all at 9"x6.25" (and is not designed to fit with a cover). My original Kindle bag is definitely an inch narrower than the Travel version.

I currently have the Travel, side zip original, and naked versions, and I too use them for different things. The side zip was my first, before the top zip or travel bags were available. It often is simply hanging on my bed frame, holding the K2 cable, mighty bright, and extra batteries. :) The Travel bag is my primary K2 holder--I did order it with both the long strap and a small hand strap, so I can use it either way or remove the straps altogether. It's often the one I carry inside my purse, and it's the one I use around the house; I'll put the K2 in it, with my iPhone and the house phone in the front pocket, and carry it for reading out in the yard. The much smaller naked Kindle sleeve is great for times when I can't carry the additional weight of the Oberon cover, and with smaller purses. I've also dropped it into the Travel bag when I didn't want to carry the cover. Padding is thickest in the naked Kindle version as you won't have the cover for extra protection.

Just got home tonight from a 4 day trip--can I just say I absolutely despise traveling? Used the Travel Bag as my primary purse even though I'd actually brought a regular purse with me, and it did work relatively well. You do end up carrying a lot less though, not much fits in that front pocket. The side zip was second most used; I strapped it to my belt loops as soon as I was through security on both ends of the trip, dropped in the K2 in its cover and my flat frame wallet, and wore it through both flights. It allowed me to be hands free while wrestling luggage, gave me a place to put the K2 while getting up & down, and generally just gave me peace of mind that there was little chance I'd accidentally leave the Kindle behind.

I don't think you can go wrong with the original bag in either side or top zip, truthfully, but the travel bag may be more versatile depending on how you prefer to use & carry your Kindle.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Drive him crazy, buy both bags and then pick out your own fabrics as well!

Member of the 'Drive Your Husband Crazy' club

1 - 20 of 31 Posts