Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my new Kindle yet (waiting on CA state tax return), however, I thought I could buy some accessories. Do I need those glare cover thingys? Also, can I get a skin AND a leather book and it will fit ok? Suggestions please? I didn't think you needed a anti-glare thing. Also, is the booklite a special one for Kindle? Thanks so much for your help.

Jane

·
Registered
366 Posts
No need for an anti glare screen.  Yes you can get a skin and leather cover and they will fit fine.  Use the link here for Decal Girl since they are affiliated with the site and helps to support the boards.  Most people like the oberon covers as well as M Edge.  As for the light  no you don't need any special one but once again the most popular here so far if the Mighty Bright 2.  I have one and I really like it.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
A book light is only needed if you are to be reading at night with no other light source. (in bed, with the lights turned off for your partner to sleep) If you can read a paper book, you can read a Kindle with the same amount of light. Check out the Accessories threads for more suggestions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
maxfactor said:
I don't have my new Kindle yet (waiting on CA state tax return), however, I thought I could buy some accessories. Do I need those glare cover thingys? Also, can I get a skin AND a leather book and it will fit ok? Suggestions please? I didn't think you needed a anti-glare thing. Also, is the booklite a special one for Kindle? Thanks so much for your help.

Jane
As a fellow Californian, you might be getting an IOU instead of a return (I hope not!!!!) :-\

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Just to add to what thejackylking and intinst said...

You should be able to use any book light with any cover.  The Mighty Bright seems to be the most popular light.  If you have the m-edge cover, you can get a light that nicely fits into the cover (the e-luminator); it's super convenient since it stores in the cover but the quality of the light probably isn't as good as some other lights.

G

·
kim said:
Just to add to what thejackylking and intinst said...

You should be able to use any book light with any cover. The Mighty Bright seems to be the most popular light. If you have the m-edge cover, you can get a light that nicely fits into the cover (the e-luminator); it's super convenient since it stores in the cover but the quality of the light probably isn't as good as some other lights.
Just an aside, Amazon currently lists the Medge e-Luminator light as "not available." :(

G

·
Bacardi Jim said:
Just an aside, Amazon currently lists the Medge e-Luminator light as "not available." :(
And the M-edge site has a notice that an updated version will be available in late March 2009.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I like this light. It is so compact. folds down to 4 slim inches. I can slip it into a pocket in my purse or my Borsa Bella case (which I also recommend)! And this light is just 5.99!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Octochick said:
I like this light. It is so compact. folds down to 4 slim inches. I can slip it into a pocket in my purse or my Borsa Bella case (which I also recommend)! And this light is just 5.99!

Would it clip to an Oberon cover easily? How about leaving a mark on the cover?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
intinst said:
Would it clip to an Oberon cover easily? How about leaving a mark on the cover?
Depends on the Oberon, not the K1's but I just slid it under my K1 and that worked well enough. I was told the new Oberons were putting in a slot that you can attach a light too... so it should. I have a Cole Haan soft cover and it slips easily onto and it does not hurt it at all and it is very soft, nice leather...

Hope that helps! +it is 6.00, not much risk!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts