Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 74% done reading one of those free books listed in ebook week.  I hit next page and there was one line on the page and it wouldn't let me turn any more pages.  I tried clicking into other locations in the book and kept getting "Unexpected error." with a close.  I went to my computer to make sure it was not a book from amazon and sure enough the book came from the ebook week link.  I deleted the book from kindle and transferred the book several times and now can't get the book to open.  I figured it was something to do with the file type and reordered the book from amazon.  It downloaded to the kindle with whisper net.  I now can't open it or anything else on my home page.  I now get "unexpected error" when I click to open anything.  I have held the sleep button to turn it off to try to reset and nothing.

Any ideas?  I guess a call to customer service is in order?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
You have a K2, right?  I'm weak on K2s, did you turn it on and off (not sleep mode).  Verena was wandering around, she's our resident expert on everything with a computer chip. 

If we can't give you a good suggestion (and I'm thinking we might) yes, a call to CS would be in order.

Betsy

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
customer service ROCKS!  

They fixed me!  they think it was a bad download, but not sure.  They had me re-set the kindle, that didn't work.  So then they had me remove all books I d/l today and one by one re-loaded them.

It worked. and the guy was great too!

happy dance.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
I had a similar problem with one book a month or two ago - it wouldn't turn to the last page (this is with a K1).  I finally changed the font to the smallest size (I usually read at 4) and the last paragraph showed up on the current page.  I thought it was weird at the time and haven't had it happen with anything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts