Kindle Forum banner

Help! What are they talking about?

746 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Skate 
#1 ·
A few days ago, I received an email from KDP telling me that a reader had complained about the quality of my book...there were 'junk characters' in my TOC. So I went through and removed the few dots that appeared with nothing after them and resubmitted. However, today I got this email -

"We're writing to let you know that we've reviewed your resubmitted content and found that some previously reported problems still exist within your book.

There are typos in your book.

You can find examples of this error at the following location(s):Kindle Location :35 ; Description :Junk characters present in the Table of Contents."

Can someone please look at my preview and tell me what they're talking about? I simply can't see anything there that shouldn't be. This is the book - http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Dragon-Queen-ebook/dp/B006SH34VG

#7 ·
Thanks, everyone. I'm just getting more and more depressed about this. I don't create the TOC in Word. I simply make sure that all the chapter headings are in the same heading font and then when I put it into Mobipocket Creator, it pulls them into a TOC automatically...but always with the bullet points. As for the strange thing with the chapters going into one line when you turn back and forth, I don't know what that's about either. I'm no technical whizz, so this is just aggravating.  :'(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.