Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody...

I have an ongoing problem using the Forum.  What happens is that I log in and select "Show unread posts since last visit".  I will have like 4 pages of posts to look at.  I'll start going through a few threads and then close the browser and plan to come back later.  When I log back in it doesn't show I have any unread posts.  Then it will start showing some new threads that are unread.  For example I just logged in a few minutes ago and I had 4 pages.  I read 3 threads.  Exited the browser.  Came back 5 minutes later...  After buying a book on my Kindle  :)...  I came back to the site.  Didn't need to login it already had me logged in.  Selected to show Unread posts and it showed only 3 threads.

Does that make sense?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
If your browser settings are to clear cookies and cache when exiting, that could be the reason.  What browser are you using?

Betsy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is Windows Vista running IE7.  I do not have it set to clear cookies.  In fact it remembers my login for the 60 minutes.  What is weird is it seems to happen once a day.  It's like some sort of buffer for my account gets full and then just clears.

Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
When you close the browser, you end your visit. So, the next time you open your browser, the site counts it as a new visit, and will show posts since you closed the browser.

When you re-open your browser and come to the site, it is logging you in again, even though you don't need to type in your login information. It's just that your browser/preferences are set to remember you each time you visit.

I don't think there's anything you can do, other than not close the browser until you're finished reading all the posts that you wanted to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... Makes sense...  I thought it would keep the posts unread until I either read them or clicked the marked as read.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Chris said:
Ok... Makes sense... I thought it would keep the posts unread until I either read them or clicked the marked as read.
This is the way it works for me. It's got to be something in your browser settings.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
The only time that happens to me is when I ask Firefox to clear my personal settings, including the cache.  Check your browser settings.

Betsy

B

·
0 Posts
I suspect it has something to do with what time duration you elect for your "session" when you login.  Try this:  logout, then login.  You'll notice that you get a little dropdown menu under your login asking you how long you want your session to last.  Select "forever."  This may eliminate your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts