Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am still a newbie waiting on my kindle2 to arrive (ordered on Dec. 11th). I am preparing for the arrival and wanted to run by all of you a few accessories that I am thinking of purchasing. I just wanted to know if anyone has any of these, if they are a good idea (or not), what, as owners, do you think are the "must haves", etc. Thanks for all of your help.
PS: If I should have posted this elsewhere, please forgive me as I am new!
The following items I have in my shopping cart on Amazon:

Emergency AA Battery charge extender for k2--Gomadic Brand (w/k2 tip)-----for times I forget to charge!
Rapid car/auto charger for k2--Gomadic Brand w/k2 tip-----for long car trips
Might Bright xtraflex2 clip-on light-----for seeing, of course!

I already purchased the warranty and an M-Edge cover for the new k2.

Does anyone have any of these or have an opinion on way or another?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have all of those for the K1 (other than the extended warranty, which wasn't offered) and consider them all indispensable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty Sioux.
You know how it is when you get something new, think you have to have everything offered.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting something that was not going to be worth having.  I am trying to think of everything I need now so I don't get stuck needing it later!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
dpd346 said:
Emergency AA Battery charge extender for k2--Gomadic Brand (w/k2 tip)-----for times I forget to charge!
Living in a hurricane zone where the electric could be out for a week or more, I consider this one essential.

Might Bright xtraflex2 clip-on light-----for seeing, of course!
I got the Fulcrum light for those times when the electric is out. We had a power outage for several hours right after I got it and I was so happy I had it. I find I can read on my K in much lower light than I can read a DTB.

I already purchased the warranty and an M-Edge cover for the new k2.
If I had known about the warranty, I would have gotten it when I got my K1. I'm very happy I got a cover, but that was for the K1. Looking at the K2, I wouldn't want to read it without a cover.

Okay ... have I enabled you enough? We do that very well around here. ;D

·
Registered
856 Posts
:eek:  must have been working too much these past few days, didnt know that was a battery charger for the K2.

i live in cental florida. on my way to order so it will arrive before Ladybug does.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
:eek: must have been working too much these past few days, didnt know that was a battery charger for the K2.

i live in cental florida. on my way to order so it will arrive before Ladybug does.
Don't forget a book light. Both are essential hurricane supplies. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!
I don't live in a hurricane zone (although the midwest is a snow zone) but we camp a lot with the kids.  Not usually without electricity but I never know!
and thanks for "enabling"me...not that I need that much help! ha
I just thought the battery charger would be nice to keep in a bag in case I am somewhere and forgot to charge "no-name-yet".  Although this isn't the "what will you name your kindle" link I was thinking Marina Del-Rey---an old George Strait song and I am a very-serious-longtime fan!  Not sure if the name is right though.  Might have to wait until I hold it in my impatient little hands.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think the light and a cover are really the only must-have accessories.

With the long battery life, you don't need the travel (battery & car) chargers.  But if you are away from home for a long time on vacation, camping, or whatever, the travel chargers will be handy.  I did buy an iGo tip for my K1 to use on trips and it was great.

·
Registered
856 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Don't forget a book light. Both are essential hurricane supplies. 8)
Thanks Gertie, my BFF actualy bought me a Mighty Bright Light for my bday in Dec. She knew Iwas going to get in line for a Kindle and she wanted me to have at least one item when Ladybug arrives. I look at the light daily and sigh but I know Ladybug will be arriving at my office on Feb 25th 10 days and hours I dont know when the UPS or Fed Ex guy delivers but I know it will be before 5 pm

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Looks like you are covered dpd346. I used my Kindle in its nekkid state for the first couple of weeks and liked it fine that way, but once I began taking it out of the house, I began using a cover... mostly for protection while in my purse, and it gives me something to clip my Mighty Bright on!! The only other accessory I have is my DryTek pouch for swimming pool/beach/boat usage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts