Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally jumped ship with my husband's books as they come out of select and am going to smashwords and other venues. Kindle was so nice with the footnotes, it took them all and nicely converted to endnotes. Not so with epub :( Can anyone explain how I change them from footnotes to linked endnotes? I know (or at least i'm pretty sure) that I need to go and change each one manually i'm just not sure how to go about it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
How are you creating your ePubs? Are you using conversion software like Calibre, or editing it directly in Sigil, or something else?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My husband would make things so much easier if he didn't love adding them in! The smashwords style guide kind of shows how to add them but it looked really complicated so I was hoping with all the combined knowledge of the boards someone would be able to explain it/ give an example in a simplified version :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
purplesmurf said:
I'm just uploading a word doc to smashwords, pubit, etc.
OK, I understand now :)

Hmm. I think you can do this with Calibre. Watch this space, I'm going to check.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hom hoom.
So far, what I have is that if you try to use Word > saved as HTML > Convert to ePub via Calibre the footnotes all end up right at the end of the entire book.  :eek:

You could then open that ePub with Sigil and move the footnotes to where you want them to be, but it would be quite a schlepp if there are many.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
...although now that I think about it, endnotes right at the end of the book might not be so bad. Better than at the end of the chapter, where you'd have to page through them if you've already read them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts