Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an iTouch and have no idea what I am doing! I currently have a Sandisk mp3/video player and use Amazon to download everything into WMP 11...which is so EASY! Anyway, I just got it registered finally and am now trying to download the new iPhone app so that I can read on it also.  It looks like the app downloaded....how do I get it on the iTouch? Is WiFi the only way to get the app there, or can I do it thru the USB cable?  I have a few music files there that I purchased months ago and I cannot find how to sync them to the itouch either. Help anyone!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You downloaded the Amazon Kindle application via iTunes? All you have to do is sync the iPod Touch, and it will load.

When you sync the iPod, if you haven't loaded any apps yet, you need to make sure you have it set to sync. Under the "Devices" category in the left column, your iPod will appear when synced. Click on it, and in the window it will show your iPod and its current settings. There are a series of tabs at the top, "Applications" is all the way to the right. Choose that tab, and check the box that says "Sync Applications." You can then make further choices as to whether to sync all apps, or specific apps.

As for your music, I assume that Windows Media Player left the Amazon music as MP3s and they reside somewhere on your hard drive. You need to locate those files, and just import them into iTunes. There are a few ways to do this, including simply dragging and dropping them into the iTunes library.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the help!  I got it to work and it synced the app and my music that I had previously in iTunes. I was missing a checkmark before so that is why it wouldn't sync for me.

Now, do I have to have a WiFi connection to get my Kindle books moved to it?? Or is there another way to get them on it?

Thanks, luv, for the offer....I appreciate it. I think I'm on track now if I can just figure out how to get my Kindle books over to it.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Pretty sure you're going to have to find a wi-fi connection.... Do you not have a wireless router at home? If you only have one PC I would assume not....

You will need the wi-fi to sync your place if you read the same books on your Kindle and iPod and want to keep the last page synced.

Luckily, free wi-fi is available in so many places now.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
KindleGirl said:
I do have a wireless router here at home....we have 2 PC's. How do I use that to connect? I am so not up on this stuff. Any help you can give me is much appreciated!!
Without being there, it is hard to say exactly.... Your iPod should be able to detect the wireless... Have you tried? On your iPod, go to "settings," then choose "wi-fi." Slide the wi-fi switch to on. If the iPod finds your wireless network, it should show up below the switch. Then all you have to do is choose that network. If your network is password protected, you will need to find out what the password is and then enter it.

Once you have the wi-fi on, you should be able to use the Amazon app.... All you need to do then is enter the email address and password of your Amazon account, and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks....the WiFi is turned on and it does give me a choice, so it must be picking up our wireless. It looks like it wants a password so I'll have to check with hubby as I don't know where to find that info.  Thanks so much for your help, pidgeon!!  I've been in a rush since I'm leaving on a trip with my daughter very shortly and wanted to get it all up and running before I left. Our hotel should have free WiFi so maybe I'll run down to the lobby tonight and hook up there. Then figure it out for home when I get back. Thanks again!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll probably be in the same boat soon. Trying to figure out how to set up and sinc an Itouch. I told my husband when my ipod dies (it has been gasping lately) that I want an Itouch so I can sync it with my Kindle. I knew I should have bought it when I bought this one instead, and of course my husband says 'why didn't you?'. Smart aleck! I carry my Ipod everywhere, now I can have my music and my books too! yeah.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts