Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a replacement Kindle 2 yesterday that came with V2.0 on it. I downloaded the update to 2.03 from the Kindle support page and copied it into the Kindle directory displayed on my computer (not into one of the folders). I then ran the update function from the kindle and it showed it was updating. It then restarted. I checked it and it still displays V2.0. What am I doing wrong?

EllenR

Edited to fix the typo to reflect V2.03, the lastest version displayed on Amazon's Kindle support software update website as of currently.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just downloaded the update from Amazon to see if it is 2.0.2.

www.amazon.com/update_kindle2.bin

What I downloaded was Update_kindle_2.0.3.bin. So, it seems what Amazon have is 2.0.3 so you should be updated to 2.0.3. Maybe some how you got the wrong update bin?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not updating either manually or automatically. I guess I'll have to call CS. I'll give it one more shot first. Perhaps a hard reboot would help it.

I did a drag and drop from my desktop into the Kindle root directory. It showed it there. I ran the update task on the Kindle. It showed it working and then rest.

At the Kindle support update site, it's still says 2.02 not 2.03 so that's what I thought it was trying to put on. Either way, it still shows V2.0 on my kindle meaning it didn't update at all. I'll try it again though.

Edited to add results of last try:

I stepped away during the last update so I didn't see the message right before it restarted. This time I watched it. It said the update was no successful. Back to calling CS I guess.

EllenR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts