Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting everyone know, I put "Young Adult" as a keyword for one of my books and had somebody add it to "Teen" despite it already having 2 other categories. Not sure it'll work every time but worth giving a try... it worked better than asking "Help" to add a different book to the Teen category.

Edit: And what do you know, it worked even better for the other book.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this; I saw it on another book and was wondering how they got to have three Kindle categories in addition to their two book ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, contacting "Help" appears to be completely useless for category changing at least in my experience. They took weeks to remove my novel from "Nonfiction" and added it to Children's Books (even though it starts with an attempted rape, followed by a violent death, and has the MC kill hundreds of people over the course of the story) when I requested it be put in Teen.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Where can you see a book's categories? I have no clue what the categories for my book are unless I'm ranking. And how do you add someone's book to one?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
cvwriter said:
Where can you see a book's categories? I have no clue what the categories for my book are unless I'm ranking. And how do you add someone's book to one?
Courtney, the categories your books are in are chosen by you when you upload it in KDP. You can see which ones you selected from your book's Amazon page. Just scroll down near the bottom of the page and you'll see a section called "Look for similar items by category" - and there they are. Both of yours are as follows:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Poetry
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Short Stories
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teens

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
glutton said:
BTW, contacting "Help" appears to be completely useless for category changing at least in my experience.
Sorry you had a bad experience there, Glutton. They've always changed my cats on request within 24-48 hours and placed me wherever I asked. FWIW it speeds up the process to set your second category to "Non-classifiable" before contacting them and to include the exact path you want to be added to, like so:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Fantasy > Series

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Oh, so that is why my newest book immediately got into Teen category even though I chose Children when publishing. At least now I know that I always have to add young adult as a keyword.  :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts