Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,496 Posts
Dog;  I hear you, but here's the thing: 
Some of them don't even try.  I Googled, I researched, I read the guide, I bought Leslie's and Stephen's guides.  I did the homework.

When someone asks the same exact question that is just two posts away it grates on one's nerves.  The User's Guide comes pre-loaded and some don't even look at it; then ask the forum the very first question that the guide answers. It's frustrating...because it is supposed to be a discussion forum not a Q&A forum. 

I answered tons of questions (not nearly as many as Leslie, Teninx, and quickfics...bless them) but I got sick of answering the same question over and over.  I even went through the trouble of starting a new post of the top 10 or so questions; read this before asking...asked anyways; every question I answered, was re-asked. 

The best ones:  I know people can't get it out of the U.S. but can I? 
I posted Best sellers $9.99 one poster text-screamed at me begging to differ:  New Releases are NOT 9.99!!...  (Hello, since when are new releases and best sellers the same thing?)

See my point dog?  I (we) just got fed up with the blatant stupidity; it's not even a lack of intelligence, that I would have compassion for and take the time:  it's the pure LAZINESS in many cases.

These are supposed to be people who love to read; at $359...they should at least want to.  Some people saw Oprah and jumped on the bandwagon without even knowing what it was all about.  She gushed about the Kindle; and then did a freaking cook the chicken segment. 

WE had to clean up her mess on the forum...had she had a Q & A session or audience questions segment, instead of a chicken thing, the forum wouldn't have been bombarded and Amazon wouldn't be so backed up.  I think Ms. O did a horrible job...she went on and on about the "runway" incident and barely touched on the important stuff.  Not to mention, the number of times she cut Jeff off while he was speaking.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
I apologized on the forum...I told them I was one of the hot-heads.  I did tell them that the action on the forum tripled and we became inundated after the O-show.  I told them in not so many words that I put my claws away and I am back to my humble friendly self....I lied. (KIDDING).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.