Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of new owners of kindle coming on the amazon discussion board (I think mostly due to the oprah show).  I am retired so am trying to spend alot of free time answering folks.  But I hope all you others will consider helping as well. We were all "newbies" at some time (although I don't like that term at all).

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you, but loving to read doesn't neatly translate to "getting" it.  For a lot of folks this kind of technology is not at all intuitive and in fact is counter intuitive.  The point to me is to help folks; yes, even "dense" folks (and how do we even decide that?).  Maybe I am a little too zen for most, but I want folks to learn and grow, and shutting down folks isn't growthful in my experiences.  I am not denying frustration or geez reactions, but I take a deep breath and move on to help folks.  Most folks aren't trolls or otherwise, they really want to learn; so there you go.  humans are amazing beings...

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, sounds simple, but this is what it is about:

A post from a new owner:
Just got my Kindle. I'm on the first page. It has the Kindle User's Guide, and I can't get it to go to it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

after the obvious use the scroll wheel answer, this:

Oh thank you so much. I told my husband everyone was talking about transferring data and such, and here I was with a basic question. Thank you. Now I'm cookin!!!

Yes, could have read the manual, etc. but now she is into it.  that is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.