Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it arrived in the mail today.......and I applied it....................and honestly.......eh :-\ It's pretty.......it's pink. LOL Applying it wasn't very easy......it wasn't as straight as I liked it and I had to reapply it 3 times........It's on now. Overall it doesn't look bad.....I'm just not sure about the longevity of the product.....I don't see how the decal is supposed to stay on- I think when I start moving buttons etc it's going to lift. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens......but a return may be in the near future. Wish me Luck as I really do want to love it :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I was worried about the same thing.  The first couple of days, I kept smoothing at all the edges thinking for sure they were going to pop up.  But so far, no issue.

I know a number of people have had them on the K1s for months without a problem; that's what sold me.

And yeah, I was another one that was pretty fussy about how it laid on there.  I've actually moved a couple of the button skins more than once since I first applied them, trying to get the mathematically perfectly symmetrical.  LOL  So far, they show no signs of coming back up on their own.

Give it a few days; if it doesn't work for you, then return it or resell it here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Well it arrived in the mail today.......and I applied it....................and honestly.......eh :-\ It's pretty.......it's pink. LOL Applying it wasn't very easy......it wasn't as straight as I liked it and I had to reapply it 3 times........It's on now. Overall it doesn't look bad.....I'm just not sure about the longevity of the product.....I don't see how the decal is supposed to stay on- I think when I start moving buttons etc it's going to lift. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens......but a return may be in the near future. Wish me Luck as I really do want to love it :)
I used my scrapbooking sticker tools to apply mine and it was easy peasy. Even used a photo "polishing cloth" to smooth everything.
I've had no issues with mine at all.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats on receiving it. I wouldn't worry too much about it coming off.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I've had Her Abstraction on both my ipod nano and RAZR for over a year and not had problems with lifting..And trust me, I'm NOT easy on my "toys". I had the same one on my K1 and the only reason I switched it out was because I tore it when taking it off when I got a replacement.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of the skins I've ever gotten from them have lifted...My son took his off, but that's because he was trying to convince me to buy him a new one.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The skin on my RAZR show no sign of lifting and it stays in my pocket. Three months of abuse and it looks like it will wear thorough long before it stats to lift. When it does, I'll get anotherskin.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the way the idea looks......I just wish it could be set on perfectly......but i still notice where some areas are not even with the other side [very small differences but I DO notice them!] Also I can feel the difference on the buttons as I press them................gonna give it a few more days.......but I may try to resell it here :-[

·
Registered
921 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I've had Her Abstraction on both my ipod nano and RAZR for over a year and not had problems with lifting..And trust me, I'm NOT easy on my "toys". I had the same one on my K1 and the only reason I switched it out was because I tore it when taking it off when I got a replacement.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of the skins I've ever gotten from them have lifted...My son took his off, but that's because he was trying to convince me to buy him a new one.
Come on Luv----------I've seen or have read that you've bought MANY skins, covers and bags on these threads, and your son only gets 1 skin? Come on, let him have another one. (Then tell him he owes me a skin------lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts