Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Someone is always trying to find a way to screw up things for everybody else.

·
Registered
679 Posts
it is an interesting idea: ads for those who get a newspaper/magazine free - none for those who subscribe. I am just not sure how feasible it would be to implement.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I gotta say that the thing I like about my Kindle newspaper is that I don't have to wade through the dreck. . .can just read the articles that interest me.  I wouldn't like ads. . .but if they were there I'd not look at them, so the advertisers wouldn't get anything from me.

Ann

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ummm, yeah, not very well thought through.  First he didn't even know that newspapers were available on the Kindle, and he obviously doesn't know that Whispernet can be turned off (and most people keep it turned off most of the time).  Google has done it well, but that doesn't mean that everything has to be ad-supported.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Someone should go smack him up side the head with a big book.  (ok, don't everybody get on my case, I'm not a violent person, I'm kidding)

There are plenty of companies who would try to make those ads work.  Just think of all the spam, pop-ups, and junk mail you get.  I would be very unhappy with my Kindle and with Amazon if ads started appearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts