Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I followed (by invitation) Teninx, Quickfics, and Leslie here.  I'm a Kindleholic and proud of it.  Kindle has made my hectic life so much easier.  I have lots and lots of Doctor's Appointments (for my mom) that I could not have survived without my beloved Kindle (aka PAQ for peace and quiet). 

I live in RI the smallest state in the U.S. with the biggest problems...We are #1 in the country for our "lovely" 8.8 unemployment rate and #2 in the country for breast cancer cases; (of which my mom is battling).  She was diagnosed in May and thankfully, I got my Kindle in June. 

The good news...we have nice beaches and I try to go; kindle in hand, every weekend in the summer.  Newport cliff-walk is beautiful. We have horribly cold winters here.  I live for my summers.  I enjoy reading, reading and reading.  I also, crochet, knit, cook (lots & lots of cooking...much of it against my will...lol) I used to bake professionally; but have since retired.  I'm married with two kids, one of which is the reason why I cook so much...he's 6' 2" and I can't fill him up.  He is a college student.  My daughter is away at college and comes home on laundry or I need money day.

·
Registered
509 Posts
SJC: Well at least all the RI mobsters have died off or fell to RICO charges. Mostly. (And no, I'm not talking about your US Rep from the First District). My wife's brother lives in Coventry and enjoys it. So with you aboard, New England is well represented!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm not far from Coventry...do you visit?  I can meet you and the lovely Mrs. at his house; we'll kick him out and have a table-talk session about all the B.S. on the forum.  You don't know how much I have to bite my tongue (pinch my typing fingers).  I have zero tolerance for stupidity.  One should not have to take an anxiety pill after visiting a forum...lol.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Linda...I read your posts in the forum.  Thanks for the compliment.  I try to throw in a zinger to lighten up the forum when it gets to heavy; like I did with the "waiting for the Kindle to arrive post"  Are you enjoying your Kindle.  I so love the freebies.  Next I'm going to think up a poem about the trolls.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, SJC. You know I am glad you are here. And another New Englander, to boot!

L

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who else is a New Englander? (Besides Teninx's brother in law) 

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LESLIE:  Glad to be here...thanks for the invite.  I have to say, you are my saving grace on the forum.  There are times you come to my rescue boy.  You seem to sense when I'm going to blow and let someone have it; you jump in, I see your post and then I calm down and don't give it to them.  I just have lost patience; the Oprah thing was the kicker...she made a mess of things on the show and they all jumped on the forum.  I've been in the forum since early June and have read more stupid poop.  I don't know how you stay so calm.   My peeve is with those who don't do their homework.  Search, research, investigate...then come bust chops.  

Thanks for being you...Is your middle name Grace?...it should be.  

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome!

I also crochet, mostly afghans but I have made a few little stuffed critters too.  I'd like to learn how to knit too, have a how to book but haven't tried it out yet.

Cindy

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cindy; I like crocheting better; knitting makes me nervous--so afraid to drop a stitch.  I used to crochet those frilly girlie dresses with the full flared slips when my daughter was a baby.  Dog sweaters.  Afghans.  3-D flowers (so pretty on hand-towels).  Now; Kindle has taken over...and I'm guilty of putting all other hobbies aside.  I saw a gorgeous turtle-neck cape on a girl at the bank she is going to get me the pattern.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks for being you...Is your middle name Grace?...it should be.
Ah, thank you, that's very nice. And no, my middle name is Hayde.

As for the the patience, not sure where it comes from. Maybe being a nurse? Or maybe because I love my Kindle so much and I want to spread the love around -- if answering the same question 9 million times persuades a few people that a Kindle will be a positive addition to their life, then great.

L

·
Registered
88 Posts
And more Kindle Forum members wash up onto our shore! At 8:00 there will be shuffleboard, and at 9:30 there will be face-painting and dancing around a rotting pig carcass!

G

·
Leslie,

I knew we had to have something else in common. I am also a nurse. One of my other reasons for getting the Kindle. Long night shifts.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Leslie,

I knew we had to have something else in common. I am also a nurse. One of my other reasons for getting the Kindle. Long night shifts.
Ah! I don't work clinically too much these days except for occasional evenings at our local Free Clinic.

Tell me something (so I can give the feedback to my publisher): If you could subscribe to a journal on your Kindle, let's say the AJN, would you?

L

G

·
Doubtful, as I don't subscribe to paper version now. Although, if it was greatly discounted over paper version I might give it a try.

I am a NICU nurse and CEU's (free preferably) might also be an incentive.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
PraiseGod13 is on "board" from the midwest!  Thanks so much for the invite Leslie!  I'm so glad to see SJC - Linda C-M - Teninx and Quickfics..... and other new Kindle-ites!!  The discussion pages on Amazon serve a valuable function.... they taught me so much while I was saving my $$ to get my Kindle.... aka Magik Karpet Kindle 13 (MaKK for short)...... but constantly hearing about the Boy Genius (HA!!) Kindle 2 was wearing very thin!  This is a great spot for us to be!!  I've had MaKK for just under a week now and he's the best thing I've done for myself in a very long time.  I don't remember who wrote a thread on the Amazon discussion pages... but she/he said that in grade school, everyone else's favorite day was gym day..... but hers/his was library day.  Mine too!!!  I read that out loud to my husband and he said, "You HAVE found kindred spirits!!"  Reading has been my passion for my entire life and the Kindle has taken reading to a whole new level of enjoyment!!  My husband and I created a very secure "Kindle holder" on my treadmill and my half hour workout just flies by now.  I did need to increase the font size since I'm walking, but it worked wonderfully!  I can't believe how much easier on my eyes the eInk technology has been.  I've sold my optometrist on the Kindle and he says he has hundreds of patients he will recommend the Kindle to because they can no longer read "dead tree" books due to failing eyesight.  We'll keep sharing our love for our Kindles and this 10.3 oz little miracle will keep revolutionizing reading.  My best to all of you!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Insomnia, me? I wrote the book on it...the title:  I can't freaking sleep!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts