Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI! My name is Mala and I am a new kk owner (for 2 days now) and I absolutely love it.  I am a teacher and a mom of 4 boys.  12 year old twins, a 4 year old and a 3 year old.  My DH is a Police Officer and we have been married 6 years.  My twins play every sport known to man (almost)!  I love to read but don't get alot of time to do so.  I think the KK will allow me to read more often. I have already taken it to the baseball field among other places. 

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. You will love the Kindle. A great way to pass the time while waiting at practices and everywhere else. :)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome Mala!!  Glad to have you!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner: Free Books and Bargain Books

Also, with warning to your credit card: check out the accesories thread.  You will have the best dressed KK at the ball field!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KindleKay said:
Also, with warning to your credit card: check out the accesories thread. You will have the best dressed KK at the ball field!!
No doubt! I have already received my Olga skin and now I am waiting on my m-edge cover to get here. I am also eyeing a borsa bella bag. I think I am addicted already!

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and welcome, Mala! We'll make room for another KIndleholic!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome from one Alabamian to another!  :) Glad to have you here Mala. Where do you live, I am in Alabaster, AL? We've had 2 or 3 other members from AL join but they don't post often.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Mala - nice to have you here.  You will be able to read more than you think - just keep us posted on what you are reading and if it is any good  ;) we love recommendations

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Welcome from one Alabamian to another! :) Glad to have you here Mala. Where do you live, I am in Alabaster, AL? We've had 2 or 3 other members from AL join but they don't post often.
Linda, I am in Falkville. It is a really small town in North Alabama. It is located between Cullman and Hartselle/Decatur. I lurk ALOT and will post some. I try to check in several times daily.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Reyn said:
Linda, I am in Falkville. It is a really small town in North Alabama. It is located between Cullman and Hartselle/Decatur. I lurk ALOT and will post some. I try to check in several times daily.
Reyn, I know where Falkville is. We are approximately 2 hours from each other. I grew up in a very small town in SW AL in Marengo Co. Glad you joined us!! Love talking to someone from AL that has a Kindle!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Reyn!

I'm late to welcome you, but that's because for a week I had some houseguests -- how far from Cullman is Falkville, and do you know any BRITTS in Cullman?  Because I just had two Britt girls here with my niece-by-marriage, the three of them were on Spring Break from Alabama (sorry Linda C-M) and they couldn't get over the fact that we don't have sweet tea in Malibu, California.

I spend about a quarter of the year in a town about the size of Falkville:  Tibbie, AL.  It's about 75 minutes north of Mobile, off the 43.  My husband loves him some whitetail, and I try to name the pretty ones before he shoots them and mounts them on the walls of our ranch there.

Quite the culture shock for this California beach baby, but I absolutely love the contrast in lifestyles.

Nice to have another Alabama gal on the boards.  I look forward to reading your posts :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In my house we say ROLL TIDE;)

Falkville is about 10-15 miles North of Cullman.  We are between Hartselle and Cullman(Vinemont).  Straight down Highway 31.  But, be careful if you blink you may miss it. 

I don't know any Britts but there were a couple of Britts (from Cullman) that played football at Alabama if I am not mistaken. 

Malibama, I love your name.  My first name is Mala...pronounced like m with 'ala' from Alabama.  So a friend used to always call me Malabama.  Brings back good memories.  My hubby loves whitetail too.  He is forever looking for new places to hunt. 

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to your posts as well.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
In my house we say Gig 'em... oh wait, this isn't a Texas thread... :D

Just ignore me, it is a beautiful day and I am just so glad to be back among friends here on KB and feeling a bit silly! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts