Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lurker here, finally checking in. I have done a couple of short posts, but mostly just read what everyone else has to say. You lovely, lovely people have clued me in on much about my Kindle. I've been an owner since Christmas, and I'm pretty big on reading instruction manuals, FAQs and other available info, but you guys still seem to have new stuff to share.

You've also cost me a few dollars. I might never have heard of Oberon if I hadn't come here. But now my Celtic Hounds cover is on order. Can't wait. Any minute. Hurry, hurry...

I'm even considering naming my konstant kompanion. (Okay, I have a name selected, and I use it in my head. I just haven't decided whether to share it or not.)

But what I am loving most here are the book chats, suggestions, threads. I currently have about 30 books loaded, a dozen more samples, and a soon-to-be-out-of-control wish list. I've been an avid reader since forever, but I've gotten way too hidebound in my reading habits in the last few years. Just new books by favorite authors and re-re-re-reading old favorites. (I can't even tell you how many times I've read Harry Potter.) But now most all of the books I've loaded and all of the samples are new authors, new subjects, new interests waiting to happen. Exciting stuff here!

Anyway, hello all, and thanks for this great forum.

Okay, now you can see why I don't post frequently. Talk (well, type) much? Stop. Stop now. Really, remove fingers from keyboard.

Aberdeen, Washington - Oh my gosh, the sun is shining!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Yes, KindleBoards is certainly a bad influence in terms of books and accessories. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! Always room for another Kindleholic. And reading the board and typing  are as close to the Kindle as some of us can get. sigh 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Silver - nice to have you here.  We have another KB member who is a HP obsessed person - she will chime in soon I suppose.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Silver, welcome! So glad to have you here. This is a fun place for the Kindle-obsessed. You'll fit right in...

L

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to Kindle Boards, Silver! I live in rural Northern California (Mendocino County) - where sun this time of year is usually a surprise too. Although cold rainy days are perfect for curling up in front of the fire, with a Kindle and a dog, and practicing some stress reduction with a good book!

I also like reading the book reviews, announcements about coming books, and all of the help from folks on this Board. In my life BK (Before Kindle), buying a new book meant a major shopping trip (assuming I could even find what I wanted) or waiting days/weeks for a book to arrive. The selection at the used bookstore and Goodwill often left me settling for "something to read" instead of a book that I was excited about. I have a lot of well-worn books. Now when I see a review for a book that interests me, even without Whispernet, I can start enjoying the book in minutes with a few keystrokes ... oh, and helping the economy (all those necessary accessories), providing jobs (writers, editors, etc.), contributing to charity (donating many of my DTBs) and helping the environment. I plan to do a lot of this in 2009 :)

Glynnis

Silver said:
But what I am loving most here are the book chats, suggestions, threads. I currently have about 30 books loaded, a dozen more samples, and a soon-to-be-out-of-control wish list. I've But now most all of the books I've loaded and all of the samples are new authors, new subjects, new interests waiting to happen. Exciting stuff here!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Silver,

Great to have another Washingtonian here on the KB! You are right, the way the weather has been currently, seeing the sun on the coast is a rare thing.

Glad that you have lurked here and decided to unlurk long enough to share your passion about your Kindle and for the KB. 

We love lengthy posts ;) They are generally few and far between (topic depending, of course).

Glad to have your here,

Marci - from the Seattle area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts