Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found you all in a round-about way, searching for covers. Found a home I think, I like it here.

See, for me computer is work and research. Don't do much socializing. But, this could be the exception.

I've read all my life and have accumulated hundreds and hundreds of books. When I read about Kindle 1, I just scratched my head. This spring I read about Kindle 2 and was intrigued. Talked about it a lot, especially leading up to my birthday. Agonized over spending the money. My husband said, "If it means no more piles of books, GET IT."

I did, and have been reading on it since middle of April. Seven, eight books so far. I am a convert and very happy with my K2.

Have been reading it naked, and transporting and storing it in a bubble-pack mailer. I didn't like Amazon's cover and decided to look into the options. Found Oberon and the threads here about those gorgeous leather covers, and here I am. I still haven't decided on a cover. I only have one shot at it, so I have to be sure I pick just the right one. It will be an Oberon.

Silly me. I narrowed down hundreds of skins to a half-dozen choices. Then I found the Oberons and realized I must pick the cover first and THEN the skin(s) to match; not the other way round. Don't get me wrong, for me it's not REALLY about the wrapping, it's about the content. But I treasure this thing and want a worthy abode for it.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Welcome DearReader. . .sounds like you'll fit right in here. . . .  :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi DearReader.  If you're looking at Oberon covers, you're definitely in the right place.  We love Oberons -- at least, most of us do.  Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey!  Welcome to you and happy reading. 

I'm new as well.  I don't even have my Kindle yet....three more days!  Been learning about covers and skins as well and just learned that there are other places to get them.  As for skins, heard a lot of great reviews about decalgirl so I'm getting my skin from there.  Don't even have the thing yet and already I'm pouring more money in to it.  I should probably be concerned but I'm having too much fun right now.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards.  This is a really great place to meet people, discuss everything about Kindles and other topics as well.  The members are intelligent, funny, and most of all, very caring.  Enjoy your visits.  Looking forward to more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I so love that welcome, thanks. Pull up a chair, don't we all, when we get in reading mode.

I almost used that very same quote you have from Twain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome DearReader from across the Susquehanna in East Petersburg, PA. I have a purple ROH Oberon for my K2 but just have to have another in that new gorgeous blue...then there is the hummingbird one, too. Love to have one of those. Too many choices and decisions.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :) Welcome to the boards :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome !  Maybe we can have a Kindle get together...... I am in Red Lion.

Brian

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Seems like not too long ago someone was lamenting the fact there were no Pennsylvania folks on the board, welllllllll - if you have a meet you need to post pictures, but definitely need to have a meet.

Nice to have you here Dear, you are going to fit just fine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome DearReader, I think you found a home here...
jp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the warm welcome, you're so kind(le).

Sandie

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
DearReader said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome, you're so kind(le).

Sandie
Welcome Sandie. With my username, you don't have to type "kind(le)" .... LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome from Red Lion, Pa.  I am sure you will get many hours of fun from your Kindle. This board is great to have and lots' of
nice people. 

Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts