Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I've been waiting for my Kindle since December. It was a Christmas present from my dad, but my birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping against hope that it will arrive on or before then. The wait has been agonizing, and I needed something to pass the time, so I've been making a list of Kindle books I want to read and following Amazon's Kindle forum for a while now. KindleBoards has come up a few times, so I decided to check it out for myself, and here I am.

I live in St. Louis. I'm a journalism major with minors in photography and Japanese. I'll read anything that catches my attention, but my favorite literary genres are historical fiction and fantasy (though I'll admit to indulging in a little chicklit every now and then!)

I'm currently reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger and enjoying it so far.

Looking forward to reading and participating here on KindleBoards!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome, welcome.  Glad to have you here while you wait.  You'll find lots of great book recommendations from some very interesting and engaging people. 
debbie

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Britt, welcome! Glad you made your way here. This is a fun and friendly bunch. I am sure you will have your Kindle very soon.

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Britt - I hope you do get your kindle in time for your birthday- what a wonderful present.  Nice to have you here with us.  ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Britt!

Your course(s) of study sound like they could only belong to a very interesting, well-rounded person.  You'll fit right in on the Kboards, and I look forward to reading your posts!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Britt -

I like your name  :)  You've got some neat minors going there - photography and Japanese.  Both should do well for your major.  Is St Louis your home, or is it where you are attending college?

Looking forward to hearing some of your book recommendations,

Marci

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Marci said:
Hi, Britt -

I like your name :) You've got some neat minors going there - photography and Japanese. Both should do well for your major. Is St Louis your home, or is it where you are attending college?

Looking forward to hearing some of your book recommendations,

Marci
Thanks :) I'm actually from Los Angeles, but I came to STL for college.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts