Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I'm brand new to the kindle forums. Many thanks to Maria Schneider for helping me learn the ropes!

About me? Hmm... Well, I've earned at least three awards for my writing -- possibly more, depending on how you count them. A few months ago the National Space Society and Baen Books joined forces to give me an Award for my space colonization story "That Undiscovered Country", which is scheduled to appear on the Baen web site sometime this year.

I'm a trained computer scientist, the mother of three children, an incurable dance fan, and the author of about two dozen traditionally published short stories. I'm just barely getting my feet wet on the indie scene, trying to figure out whether it's a good direction for me to go.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here, and to learning more about... well, everything!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB

You are going to find lots of friendly folks here offering advice and encouragement

Good Luck with your Projects

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Katja said:
Welcome! Are you already as addicted as I am? Just joined a couple days ago, but I'm already spending so much time here.
Pretty close. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of conversation going on here. I had this preconception that the boards would be drowned in spammish "Me! Me! Buy Me!" posts.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are awesome.  Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Ok, enough forum-hopping for now.  I've got two books to edit and a web design client to satisfy.  And, God willing, I'm going to sneak some actual writing in by the end of the day.

*sigh*  I don't suppose anyone wants to loan me a couple of spare hours?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi, Nancy, and welcome to KB.  It's a great place to learn and share so I think you're definitely in the right place.  Good luck with your novel.

Linda

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcome. So far, I'm really enjoying the kindle boards.

So here's a question: I have a fairly hefty stack of short stories that I'd like to start moving onto kindle. What's the best way to present them? Have you all noticed a trend in whether readers prefer individual stories, 5-pack bundles, or complete collections? Is there a standard method for marking a short as... well, short... so readers don't end up annoyed because they thought they were buying a novel?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Some people put short story in the title of the story.  I don't know if that is the best way but it is one way.

You probably need to wander over to the writers forum.  There have been some threads about short stories you can see if any of those answer your question or just ask these questions in the writers forum if you want comments/suggestions from authors who have published short stories and/or anthologies.

I think you may be able to go to the book corner and ask readers there your questions about how many short stories they expect to see in an anthology.  For my part when I am looking for short stories I want as many as possible in an anthology.

I'm halfway through your anthology by the way. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.