Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so on.

My name's Brandy.  I got my Kindle in early December.  I had ordered it in November and was on the original 3-4 week waiting list, but one day happened upon Amazon selling the refurbished models, and canceled my waiting order and snapped up a refurb.  I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't new.  It looked perfectly new to me, it was even sealed in the box still.  Either way, I didn't have to wait, and I got a discount!  And I got my Kindle.

I love the fact that the screen is not like a computer screen, as in it does not glow.  So I don't wind up with a headache after reading for hours.  I did have to get a book light, though, as in low light reading can be tricky.  I got the slide on Book Owl, and it works great. 
Another great thing is the option to sample a book before you buy, and I have used this on several occasions, and have to say it's saved me from some stupid purchases.
I have yet to ever get the internet to work, and I'm sorta sad I never got to try out NowNow. 
I hope that instead of this Kindle becoming obsolete, when they create the second generation, that there's a good way to update it.  Like if they fix the internet option. 

My Kindle was my Christmas gift from my husband.  It is and probably will always be the best present I have ever received. 

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome! This is a great place for lots of info........if you like to shop for accessories, this place will kill the budget, but it's fun!!
Enjoy :)
Kristie

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Brandi -

You have the same name as one of my favorite singers, Brandi Carlile  :D

It's great to see that you were able to get a reborn Kindle.  Almost universally the people here who have them say the same thing "It's just like new!"

Come share your passion for reading & the Kindle here,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Brandi, welcome! Glad to have you here. The Kindle is a great gift, I have to say -- to give or receive. I've done more giving and all the recipients love theirs.

L

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. My Kindle was also a Christmas present. My 4 children bought it for me. It was such a wonderful gift. They knew that I had tried to get one last Christmas and they bought it during the Oprah discount. They even let me have it early. :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Brandi. My Kindle was my Christmas present from my hubby as well, but he let me have it early. It is definitely my favorite gift ever!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts