Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Kindle since May, was one of the ones who had to wait a couple of months on backorder...that was torture, checking my email every 5 minutes to see if I had a shipping notice and the day it arrived was sheer bliss! I have always loved to read, spending late nights under the covers as a child with a flashlight, then as an adult most of my reading time was after my 3 kids had gone to bed or on days off from the hospital (nurse). My Kids are all grown and I am a very proud "Granna" to a five year old boy. I have some health issues that keep me still these days and I read my Kindle..and read ...and read. LOVING the Kindle! I am currently in NC outside of Greensboro, get 5 bars, and I also have a home in Ft Lauderdale Fl. and get 5 bars there too. Haven't had any problems with my Kindle,(knocking on wood, crossing fingers toes and eyes). I had an issue when the NY times sent a bad file in Sunday edition but it was resolved quickly. I read everything... fiction, non fiction, all different genres, depends on my mood! Well...I am really glad to meet you all and I am sure we will talk again soon.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Steel Magnolia! Welcome to Kindleboards. I am from Alabama so nice to see another southern belle here that says ya'll.  :) I too am a nurse. We have bookklubs starting in Jan, check it out in The Book Corner. What type books do you like?

Happy Kindling  :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi there!  I'm new too...welcome...do you say soda or pop?  We say pop here in KC, but over in St. Louis they say soda.  Talk to you really soon, I hope....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
pawlaw said:
Hi there! I'm new too...welcome...do you say soda or pop? We say pop here in KC, but over in St. Louis they say soda. Talk to you really soon, I hope....
dose pop have a flavor like Coke or Pepsi?

and glad your here too.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Steel Magnolia and welcome to KindleBoards!

pawlaw said:
Hi there! I'm new too...welcome...do you say soda or pop? We say pop here in KC, but over in St. Louis they say soda. Talk to you really soon, I hope....
In Texas we say "coke" and then what kind... and the answer is Dr. Pepper!! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Angela said:
In Texas we say "coke" and then what kind... and the answer is Dr. Pepper!! :D
Yep, I'm originally from East Tennessee and everything is a Coke - I confuse the poor transplanted Yankees that I work with! ;D

Katiekat

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Steel Magnolia -

Glad you discovered Kindle Boards and that you are thoroughly enjoying yours  :)

Have a look around and jump on in,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Steel Magnolia, welcome! Glad to have you here.

I am also a nurse and also a Kindle owner from the spring. I got mine in April and had to wait a month.

Here in New England, we say tonic.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Steel Magnolia, welcome!

uncross your eyes so you can read!  Sounds like the Kindle is perfect for you, and you sound like you'll fit in here just fine!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Steel Magnolia!  In Texas we say y'all - but ya'll is better than youse guys doncha think!  Glad to have another real southern belle here.  The kindle will be perfect for your still times.  Enjoy.
Anju

1 - 16 of 16 Posts