Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
    I'm new here so thought I would introduce myself =)
My name is Bren but I go by Sugar.I am from Minnesota,am 28,single,no kids although I do have furkids.A black lab,4 siamese cats, and a persian who thinks she is royalty lol  ;D
I am CEO/Pres. of our family's Claims Processing company,which is fortunately doing well in this sadly volatile economic climate.
I got my 1st Kindle, a K2 a little over 2 weeks ago and I luv it!I am reading again and I hadn't realized how much I truly missed reading.
I also find that I am reading from all sorts of genres that I never had before,and I am enjoying that immensely.
I have purchased 2 m-edge cases,as well as a silicone skin,and yes even some Vera Bradley bowler bags just so I could take my K2 everywhere with me lol I haven't as of yet gotten any of the skins/decals for my K2 ,however, I am sure I will as I luv buying "clothes" for my K2.
I have pre-ordered the KDX to have as "home" unit,whereas my K2 will continue to travel with me.
I am also receiving a iPod touch that I ordered today, sometime next week and a friend told me that people sometimes use them for/with Kindle books?
Wow I sure have "rattled" on a bit lol
Anywhoos this is a bit about me.I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Happy Reading All  :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Yes the IPod can be registered on your account and books downloaded to it. Nice to have you aboard. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome,Bren/Sugar! The Kindle really does change reading for the better.
Have you been to The Book Corner area? That is where to find books Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Then there is the Book Bazaar where there are threads for authors who are KindleBoard members and even threads for Bargain Books and Free Books!
If you have any problems with your K2, check Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting, Lots of info there and if you don't find the answer, (or don't want to take the time to look), ask away. There are many very knowledgeable and helpful people here. For discusions about all things kindle, try Let's Talk Kindle. Looks like you are doing well in the Accessories area, but there are ideas for lights, stands, pillows and other items there as well.
Glad you found KindleBoards and hope you continue to love you K2.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Sugar - I have been reading some of your other posts, glad to see you have joined us with such enthusiasm!

Do you know where Hibbing is?  If there is a question on this board, the answer is usually Hibbing, Hugh (as in Jackman), cake, pie, or margaritas, oh yes or party!  :D

Really nice to have you here!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kathy thanks for the welcome.
Cool I will have to register my iPod touch when I get it then :) thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi neversleepsawink thanks for the welcome :)
Yes I can see where this forum would be addicting,but it seems like a fun addiction to have lol
Yep accessories are a high priority for me as I luv shopping for my K2:)
p.s. I noticed your name...are you a insomniac like myself? I have the worst sleep problems I swear lol However it does make for more time reading hehe

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi intinst :) Thanks for the welcome.
Wow thanks for all the helpful links I will definitely check them out.
I am sure I will continue to luv my Kindle,we are rarely apart it seems lol

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Anju No. 469 :) thanks for the welcome.

It's easy to be enthused amongst other Kindle people :)

Yep I know where Hibbing is.

Margaritas definitely seem to hold a few answers hehe and Hugh well he is just plain yummy hehehe

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Edward :) thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I believe you are right about loving it here :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol neversleeps...you sound just like me :)

Oh well we just get in more reading time that way hehe

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Welcome Sugar, glad you are here. :)
Hi Linda :) thank you for the welcome

1 - 20 of 34 Posts