Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little town north of KC, that is.  I'm Lee Ann, a stay at home mom of 3 who used to be a mechanical engineer.  It's hard for me to have time to read, but I do chauffeur my kids around and can't wait for my kindle to arrive so that I can read in my car while waiting to pick up or drop off.

I recently purchased a refurb and it shipped yesterday!  Yeah!!!!!  I've been busy while waiting (cover, 2 skins, 4 books).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Betsy! - Where do I find what those little icons mean on the left under my user name?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thanks for coming over and telling us more about yourself Lee Ann.  :)  If you put your cursor on the icons it will say send personal message, profile, etc. Are those the icons you are talking about?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Thanks for coming over and telling us more about yourself Lee Ann. :) If you put your cursor on the icons it will say send personal message, profile, etc. Are those the icons you are talking about?
Linda, one more for 1600!

As Linda said, hovering with the cursor will tell you what they are, and then you can click on them to do or go to whatever they say.

Did you know that if you click on the little box, green if you're online, you immediately go to PM (personal message) for that person? Just like the PM icon.

Betsy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey LeeAnn :)

One of my sisters lives in Jeff City, but it's been a few years since I've been out that way. Welcome!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Linda, one more for 1600!

As Linda said, hovering with the cursor will tell you what they are, and then you can click on them to do or go to whatever they say.

Did you know that if you click on the little box, green if you're online, you immediately go to PM (personal message) for that person? Just like the PM icon.

Betsy
Thanks Betsy, I didn't even notice. WOO HOO 1600!!! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes...No, I totally didn't know about any of the things on the left under my user name.  What about the little stars?  Does that somehow relate to how many posts you put up?  That's so cool about the PM thing with the little green box. 

I'm noticing a serious lack of mid-westerners here...perhaps they just aren't post-prolific?  ;D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome Lee Ann!!  Good to have you here.  You'll love your Kindle and we look forward to your posts.  I have a daughter in Springfield, MO.  She likes to read but is a slow reader and it's hard for her to find the time.  She doesn't have a Kindle but maybe someday.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pawlaw said:
Thanks for the welcomes...No, I totally didn't know about any of the things on the left under my user name. What about the little stars? Does that somehow relate to how many posts you put up? That's so cool about the PM thing with the little green box.

I'm noticing a serious lack of mid-westerners here...perhaps they just aren't post-prolific? ;D
Hi again Lee Ann, you are correct. The stars represent how many posts and each number is associated with an author. There is a thread somewhere on the boards with the info. Can't remember where... ??? Try Forum Announcements.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the boards.  I lived in Missouri for 3 whole months! I had a summer job in Silver Dollar City about 10 years ago and I loved it!
Everyone was so nice and it was really beautiful.  It was also the first time I heard of the a drive-thru spirit shop. lol.  I really want to take my husband there. Anyways, glad to have you here.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi!  Just got back from getting my kids from school...could have really used the kindle!  :)  Maybe tomorrow...

I'm so glad to hear that folks have connections here in Missouri!  Jeff City, Springfield, Branson...Yeah!!!  Silver Dollar City (SDC) is a trip (I mean that in a good way)...we really love visiting...as a matter of fact, we will be going down at the end of the year for their last day.  You wouldn't believe the sales...and, there is so much hand made stuff...baskets, leather goods, metal working, carving, etc.  the way they used to do it in the "old days"  ;)

If you ever get the chance to visit SDC, please do...especially during the holiday season...they are nationally known for their light display...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Lee Ann -

Very glad to have you & your enthusiasm here!

It looks you are preparing very well for the arrival of your Kindle.

What is the expected arrival?  I love Kindle Watches  :)

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Marci - My kindle should arrive Monday...I'm not sure why as it as been hanging out in KC, KS since Wed. which is across town  ???

I'm so anxious I'm about to have a heart attack!  I was just tonight sitting around a large table with a bunch of Kindergarten moms and mentioned the kindle...NOONE had heard about it!  I don't know if kindlemania has hit our area yet.  Of course, I live out in the country with the cows (literally)...

I posted on the kindlewatch thread the other day...i'm going over to post an update now...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I'm not from Missouri, but welcome just the same.  I am from the mid-west and do get to KC,KS frequently.  Our kids live in Overland Park (along w/our grand daughter) and in Lawrence, thus the reasons for frequent visits.  I'm awaiting my Kindle and am very new here, but it looks like a friendly place.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Kelly G - A big welcome to you, too!  I used to work in Overland Park and we still go there every now and again.  We live in Kearney, north of Liberty, MO.  A small country town with lots of cows...

So glad to meet you...yes, I'm finding this is a very friendly place.

Have you posted over on the waiting/watching for my kindle thread?  It's funny to hear the stories and commiserate with other kindle-waiters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts