Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am Beth, but my user name is BMW (my initials.) I have been looking at the Kindle since it was introduced, but just convinced my husband to get it for me with the discount and a bunch of rebates. I plan on naming him Caddy, being the Cadillac of books. Yes, I do name inanimate objects; my GPS is named Betty, my car is named Toots after my mom.

This is the first time ever for me to join an online group! I am looking forward to learning all the tricks. I am awaiting Caddy's arrival!  Beth

·
Registered
88 Posts
Greetings and salutations, BMW.

Not only is this the first time you have ever joined an online group, it is also the last group you will ever have to join. By registering with KindleBoards, you have also been automatically registered with Twitter, Digg, Facebook, and Myspace. You will soon get a welcome message containing temporary passwords for your new Hotmail and Gmail e-mail accounts. The holiday Sears-Roebuck catalog will arrive in your mailbox in 4-6 weeks, and Hare Krishnas are on the way to your house as we speak.

(You're Welcome!)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Beth,

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Many of us have named our Kindles. Mine is Sir Sterndale Bennett. On good days, he let's me call him William, but never Bill.

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Hi Beth,

I've named my Kindle too:  Eleanor, after Eleanor Roosevelt.  We went to Hyde Park this summer and I loved everything I learned about her; plus she has some great quotes.  One of my favorites:

A woman is like a tea bag-you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

And yes, I name other objects too!

Betsy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts