Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've had my kindle since August and have loved it ever since.  I'm a college student and so it's nice to have something relaxing to go to at the end of the day.  I've been trying to keep up with Amazon discussions, so this seemed to be the place to go.  I love reading, mostly series because I love getting to know characters and being able to revisit them for a new story.  I mostly read mystery series, my favorite being Sue Grafton's alphabet series, or any book by Jodi Picoult.  I always am ready for book recommendations and will try to give them as well, although I still feel like I'm a new reader and haven't been able to read that much yet.

-Lauren

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Lauren,
Check out the book corner for recommendations.  I can't remember which thread it was on, I beleive Bargin Prices, but there is a link to Su Grafton's T.  If you click on the link in the thread it will take you to that book on Amazon.  And if you purchase the book through Kindleboard a small percentage goes to Harvey to help with the upkeep. 
Again, welcome.  You will find a lot of helpful information, and a lot of really knowledgable folks who are ready and willing to help with, not only Kindle questions, but just about everything else as well.
Happy kindling,
debbie

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Lauren!

Congratulations on your Kindle and on your first post!

Lots of free books, bargain books and favorite books in the Book Corner!  AND we have book klubs starting next week!

Debbie gave you lots of good info!  be sure to check out the Book Corner and also Accessories.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Lauren and congrats on your first post! There are many good book recommendations in The Book Corner, Bargain Books and Free Books. Glad you are here!

Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Lauren, welcome! Glad to have you here.

We have a few other college students on the board, too. Join in and have fun. This is a friendly group.

L

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, Lauren. I was just talking to a college student last night who is dying to get a Kindle but doesn't think she can afford it. I think by the time we were done talking, I convinced her to save her pennies, that it's so worth it! :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Lauren -

Glad you found your way here.  As mentioned previously, you will find lots of new books to read by visiting the Book Corner of Kindleboards.  Hope to see some your recommendations there soon.  BYW, I love Jodi's books, too. So well-written and such interesting topics!

I find it so relaxing to be able to settle down at night and read my Kindle  :D

Cheers,

Marci

1 - 11 of 11 Posts