Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new kindle author - I wrote an illustrated children's picture book called 'THIS THING'. It's a gift book for kids who are horrified to be getting a new baby brother or sister. (actually, this is the new brother version - I have to change it a bit to do the sister version)

I don't own a kindle but I have Kindle for PC so I read books that way. I'm a total book lover though lately I've been spending more time writing and reading message boards.

I also just started a blog- where I interview Kindle authors to see how they're doing, how many books they're selling, etc.- just basically to get their kindle publishing experiences - and that's how I found out about these boards.

so hello! I have to go back and read all the rules and stuff (I hate reading rules!) but I'm hoping I haven't broken any yet.

Nice to be on board!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Anna,

Welcome to KindleBoards!

LOL! No, you haven't broken any rules yet.

We pride ourselves on being a fun and friendly place for fans of the Amazon Kindle. Our members are by definition readers. So in addition to discussing the Kindle, they discuss books, reading and lots of other topics, too!

As an author, you'll want to start by reading the sticky threads pinned to the top of the Writers' Cafe, our forum where writers and readers mingle and talk about the craft and business of writing, and at the top of the Book Bazaar, our forum where we feature independent authors' books. These sticky threads will give you some good advice for how to make the most of your time here on KindleBoards. You'll also want to read our Forum Decorum, if you haven't yet. And finally, here are some of the FAQs of KindleBoards.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Our members love to help the new folks to get familiar with our forum!

Betsy
KB Moderator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Besty! I love these boards already!
(and I love that photo!)

I'll start with those threads you suggested. And I'm glad I haven't broken the rules yet! (As much I hate reading rules, I'm always surprisingly nervous about breaking them! )

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB and the best of luck with your book...looks like you have targeted a special niche.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow- such a nice reception! Thank you everyone!

Mike Cyra - I appreciate the compliment - it hasn't been selling much so it helps!

And to ebookeditingpro - thanks -I'm so glad you think so! I'm not really an artist but I went a little crazy with gimp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts