Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Kindle back in August for my 25th birthday.  I absolutely love it and wish I got use it all the time, but I have an extensive amount of books at home that I haven't read, so I'm constantly switching back and forth between my Kindle and my books.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome wells83, nice to have you join us! We are a friendly bunch and this is a fun place to be. If your Kindle has a name please share with us on the Kindle Name thread. Look forward to seeing more posts from you.  :) What kind of books do you like?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Wells83, 

so great to have you here!  The more the merrier!

I can sympathize with you, however, my Kindle is still very new so I'm spending much more time on it than the other books I own  ;)

There are some great conversations going on in other sections of this board so be sure check them all out!

Marci

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Linda--

I generally am open to all genres (excepting romance). I like to switch it up.

The last five books I read were

1. American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit and Stanford White: The Birth of the "It" Girl and the Crime of the Century, by Paula Uruburu
2. The Acid House, Irvine Welsh
3. The Ptron Saint of Liars, Ann Patchett
4. Uncle Tom's Cabin, Harriett Beecher Stowe
5. Confessions of an English Opium Eater, Daniel de Quincey

I'm currently reading I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe. I didn't buy it on my Kindle because it was too expensive considering I own a hardcopy, which is unfortunate because it's HUGE.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Wells83 said:

Linda--

1. American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit and Stanford White: The Birth of the "It" Girl and the Crime of the Century, by Paula Uruburu

I'm currently reading I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe. I didn't buy it on my Kindle because it was too expensive considering I own a hardcopy, which is unfortunate because it's HUGE.
Thanks for sharing, I will have to try some of those, have gotten some great reads from the forum. I don't like romance either. Look forward to more posts, feel free to jump right in! :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Wells83 said:

Linda--

Be sure to head on over to our Book Corner and post these!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Vampyre said:
Howdy and welocome to one of the best forums I've ever seen. I think you will like it here.
Vampyre's in a good mood because his Kindle will be shipped soon!

Betsy

G

·
Good mood has faded a bit.. It's been in "shipping soon" for 15 hours..I could have drove up there  and back by now.  Grrr!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Wells!  I just downloaded Uncle Tom's Cabin off the freekindlebooks.org site.  I haven't read that one since 7th grade.  Thanks for the reminder of a great book!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts