Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I received my Kindle in November (thanks Oprah!) and have been enjoying it ever since. I actually still own a Rocket Book e-book from several years back, showed me how convenient e-books could be and I was crushed when the company went under. So I finally took the leap and bought a kindle, knew about the rumors of the upcoming kindle 2 but really liked the idea of the user replaceable battery and SD card flexibility so I'll be sticking with Kindle 1 for a good long while.  I've been reading on these boards since December and have been very impressed with the helpfulness of all the members (especially in helping me spend money on covers and skins  :) ).

So I'm happy to finally introduce myself, my Kindle is named Harmony (after the lyrics to the old Elton John song).

Thanks,
Nancy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome from another Floridian. I also got my Kindle thanks to Oprah. I've had no trouble with buying covers and accessories.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hello Nancy and Harmony. Welcome

Ii'm in Titusville and my kindle's name is Ladybug...................which i expect to be holding in my hands in 8 days

*sigh*

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Nancy! We will make room for another Kindle person. Have you checked out the Book Corner? Plenty of ideas for your next read over there. I hope you and Harmony will enjoy KindleBoards

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Nancy B - nice to have you join us, you will like this group of folks, nice and friendly, even if a bunch are from Florida Texas ;D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Nancy B, welcome from another Floridian.  Florida is well represented on Kindle Boards.  You will like it here, just don't spend too much money.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi Nancy from another central Florida resident. I am in Lake Wales. Welcome to the Kindleboards

Lynn L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts