Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been writing on the board for about a week now, but didn't know about this Introduction spot. Sorry, I'm late.

I've been cruising this site since about February, but never joined up till last week (because I wanted to write something). I also had been checking the K1 on Amazon's site since last summer. I fell in love. Then saw Jeff Bezos on Oprah offering the discount. Still in love, but somehow had a feeling that the discount was to get old inventory out for something new. I waited. Bingo. I was right! Here comes the Kindle 2. Wow, in love all over again. But no money. Since K2 came out, all I could think was Kindle, Kindle, Kindle. Got money now in the scarf drawer. Thought now is the time before summer. Yay! Did it. Got it this Wednesday. One day shipping. After one year, I couldn't wait a week for free shipping.

I've loaded it up with about 50 books already. Several are the free ones and the greatly discounted ones. So that helps. I haven't read a single one on the K2 yet, because I am in the middle of the paper book and I need to finish it. I love the Preston Douglas/Lincoln Child books and am reading them in order of their series. Only a couple more and I will have read all their books. Then I can order the new one just out, Cemetery Dance, on my new Kindle.

My husband is a corporate pilot, so he's is gone traveling a lot. So I go to Barnes & Noble and buy a bunch of paperbacks. Taking up shelf space. I love anything in technology, so this is just the thing for me. Just about as good as my iPod. Now I need a bigger purse.

I now have to show it to my husband. He just got back today. I know he won't understand. I can hear him now. "How much did that cost?" "Do you really read that much?" What happens when it breaks?" Hehe. Hey, it's my replacement for him going all over the world and leaving me home. A woman needs some perks. Also, when I fly with him, I can sit back quietly and read. No more dragging a tote bag full of books.

I love this board. There seems to be a really nice bunch of people here and good discussions.

Laurie
Kindle 2 with Noreve Sandy Vintage cover
Acton, CA (NW L.A. County)[br]

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Laurie. . . .no need to justify the purchase to US. . .as you've probably figured out by now!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome official although I've seen you posting around on here, haha.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Glad you found us and hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards! ( or vice versa, if you want)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Welcome !! Glad you found KB :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Don't forget CoinStar for Amazon gift cards

Nice to have you here, don't be such a stranger  ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Here's the thread: (well one of them)
Coinstar

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey Laurie, Official  WELCOME..  Canyon Country here.  Glad there is someone else around.  There are so many justifications for having a kindle up here, the hubby cant be mad.  Closest book store..half a tank of gas,  100mile hr winds...constantly loosing place,  need to read...priceless.  Just tell him that the money you save on freebies and bargains will more than make up for the cost of buying paper books from Barns and Noble.  Glad you found us, just wait until you read your first book on Kindle you'll never go back.  Oh yea, there are Coinstar W/ amazon gc  at the Albertsons, and the CVS on Soledad in canyon country.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Welcome, Laurie! Hopefully your husband will be dragged into the Kindle just as much as the rest of us and will want one, too! But don't let him steal yours!  ;D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Laurie!  You've come to the right place, tons of Kindleholics here :)

I've never been to Acton (yet), but I can't wait to get down there and visit Daphneyland, the Basset Hound rescue ranch.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buttercup *member #83* said:
Welcome Laurie! You've come to the right place, tons of Kindleholics here :)

I've never been to Acton (yet), but I can't wait to get down there and visit Daphneyland, the Basset Hound rescue ranch.
I haven't heard of Dahneyland, but I don't have any Basset's. So you must be in the area. Good. Acton is a great "small town" near a big metropolis (L.A.). Love it out here.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi bookfiend. We lived 20 yrs. in C.C. near Pinetree Elem. School before moving out to Acton almost 4 yrs. ago.

Thanks everyone for the good welcomes.

Hubby was great. He was happy I am happy. I am now reading some humor stuff to him on it. Son and daughter-in-law came over last night and hubby said "Mom's reading her new book, ya gotta see it". So all is well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had to answer tons of questions like that from my husband too. However, since purchasing the kindle, I'm reading more now than I used to. He sees how much I'm enjoying it and is glad I got one.

I'm reading Cabinet of Curiosities. I know I'm not reading them in order but it hasn't bothered me so far. I'm enjoying it and will definitely read more by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child.

Welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KimmyA said:
I had to answer tons of questions like that from my husband too. However, since purchasing the kindle, I'm reading more now than I used to. He sees how much I'm enjoying it and is glad I got one.

I'm reading Cabinet of Curiosities. I know I'm not reading them in order but it hasn't bothered me so far. I'm enjoying it and will definitely read more by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child.

Welcome to the boards!
KimmyA - I'm on Book of the Dead now. I have to finish this paper book before I can read anything on the new K2. After a friend had loaned me a couple of her Preston/Child books I was hooked. I went to their website and wrote down their list of books in order written. Like any series book, it was great to start with the first one, because it sets up the characters that flow through the rest of the books. It's not to say you can't read them out of order, but it was sort of my project. The first one I read was Riptide, which is not a series book. I happened to be on a boating vacation at the time, and it fit really well. While, I was bobbing up and down on the boat, the character was too. I recommend that one too.

Have you ever been over to the Goodreads forum? http://www.goodreads.com. That's a nice place for people to discuss what they're reading and give reviews. I'm over there on a Pendergast group (not too active though) and a Kindle group (pretty active).

Have fun reading them,
Laurie

1 - 20 of 25 Posts