Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  Hi my name is Amy. I am awaiting the arrival of my new Kindle 2!  I am not a Kindle 1 owner, but have been eyeing it for months! Had no idea a Kindle 2 was coming out, but just happened to be ordering something else on amazon.com the day they announced it. Needless to say the Kindle 2 ended up in my shopping cart!!

I am a Mom to 3 kiddos and an army wife. We currently live in Alaska.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome -- is there Sprint coverage where you're at?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the board Akgirl, I ordered my first kindle on Feb 9 right after the announcement.  I have enjoyed the wait while here at kindleboards and I think you will to.

Look around and speak up, we don't bite.(well most of us don't) ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!

-We sorta have sprint coverage here. We have Alaska Digitel which is an affiliate of Sprint. Sadly, my coverage is 1x which I have been told is a bit slower, but works.

-My K2 is scheduled to be here on the 26th!!! I was gonna have it overnighted, but then realized I would be gone most of the day that it would arrive and I would have hated for UPS to leave it on the porch in the cold!!

Look forward to checking out the boards for more tips and ideas!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow Alaska! That's where my family is trying to get stationed next...just for sport. Its Alaska or Germany. Welcome to the KindleBoards!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Amy! You have found a great place to spend time while waiting on you Kindle delivery. Lots to learn and participate in. Book Klubs, Discusions and polls are just a few of the happenings here. Glad to have you join in.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Amy - welcome!  You'll be able to spend lots of money and time with your new books via the computer and usb since you won't have whispernet, so don't worry about it, it's still fun.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the board! Does it take longer for the Kindle to ship to Alaska?  ::)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts