Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

I've had my Kindle2 for a few weeks now and am loving it.  Thought I'd say "Hi" and thanks to everyone for the excellent gear and book suggestions here.

I live with my husband and 2 kids in Casper, WY.  I got my Kindle as a combo Mother's Day/BD present.  I'd been holding off on getting one; the 1st gen Kindle did not have Whispernet coverage for my entire state.  However, with the 3G network now, I am able to DL books even in less populated areas- well the ones I visit anyway.

I have one huge problem with my new Kindle- I KEEP BUYING BOOKS!  It's so easy!  Too easy!  I need to put a limit on my Kindle account.  And the free 1st book of a series thing is such a good selling ploy- I'm now on my 2nd series thanks to getting the first book free.  (Sigh!)  Also, my husband gets annoyed by the "next page" click at night when he's trying to sleep.  (Sorry, honey!)

An actual REAL problem with the Kindle is the lack of medical texts and problems in converting useful books like drug reference guides.  I do wish there were more reference books available.  All in good time, I suppose!

:)

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Welcome runtita. . .I think you might be our first member from Wyoming.

We all have the "keep buying books" problem.  One strategy:  buy yourself an Amazon Gift Certificate each month.  You can send it to yourself by e-mail and then apply it's value to your account.  Then when you buy Kindle books it'll use the gift certificate.  If you kind of keep track of how much the balance is you can control your spending a little.  Also, it keeps you from having a bunch of $.99 and $1.99 charges on your CC!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Runtita - The gift card option is the only way I keep in control!  But there are lots and lots of bargain books, and free books suggested in the various Book Threads, be sure and visit them.

BTW - nice to have you here, don't think many from your neck of the woods have checked in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Runtita.............  I am sure you will love the Kindle.....and yes, the "one click" button is WAY to handy  ;D

Brian

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Runtita! Glad you found KindleBoards!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards, Runtita.  One of the great things about the Boards is that it's a great way to find out about new authors, who often offer their work at reduced prices, and bargain books in general.  I have discovered a lot of really good buys that I would never have found on my own.
Happy reading.
deb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcom to KB, love the avatar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts