Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I've had my Kindle a little over a week now. I decided to buy a used Kindle 1 when K1 owners were selling to upgrade to K2. I bought mine from a kindleboards regular - I'm the one who bought Anabel from Kim (thanks Kim! - she asks about you every morning but is otherwise fine).

It's been great so far. I've read all my life, but for several years had slacked off (running a business, traveling, no time, got lazy, blah blah blah), but I'm excited now to catch up. I've read many people commenting how the Kindle got them excited about reading again, and that's how I feel at this point. I've got an insanely long list that I can't wait to read - classics I never got to, re-reading books I loved as a teenager and a ton of new books I've been dying to read.

So, since I have kindleboards to thank for my Kindle, I thought I'd say hello and thanks!

Sam

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. I'm glad you are taking good care of Anabel and I'm sure she knows how well loved she is now. Glad to have you joining in. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hey Sam, Welcome!

It's about time you stop lurking and show yourself.  I think you've already found out that there are a few crazy people here but I think you'll like it.  Books, book clubs, tips & tricks, and other fun stuff; what more can you ask for!

Thanks for taking such good care of little Anabel!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Sam - nice to have you here.  You will find all kinds of classics - free - on Amazon.Com.  If you go to the Book Klub thread you will find all kinds of suggestions for inexpensive and free books.

Got several others here from the Dallas area, and sure they will be glad to know of another Texan.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Sam!
I also "adopted" a K1 from a kindleBoard member, and am loving it. Hope you enjoy the board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts