Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, i have had my Kindle for a couple of months now, and finally decided to join in on this forum !
My name is John, 48, married with 2 children, and live in Kingston near London.
Like most people, i was wary and sceptical, when i first heard about Kindle, i thought 'is nothing sacred' ?), then i had a look at a friends Kindle and thought Wow !! This is really set up to be as close to reading a book as possible, so i had to have one.  So glad i did and got a few freebies on Amazon.
I now make about 4-5 purchases per month, and my favourite authors are Clive Cussler, Lee Child, Ian Rankin, Graham Hurley, Desmond Bagley, Thomas Harris and James Herriot. :)

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, John, and welcome to KB from Canada.  Always been a big fan of Clive Cussler!  Glad to have you with us here.

Dan --

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi John,
Welcome to the Boards, there's quite a few of us Brits here. I'm just back from the Harrogate Crime Festival and Lee Child was in fine fettle. Several others of my favourite authors there as well, such as Val McDermid, David Baldacci, Martina Cole and Tess Gerritsen. All good authors. If you want to check up on the crime festival have a look at my blog http://chrislongmuir.blogspot.com/ Have a nice time on the Boards.
Chris L. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome John,

It's funny how almost everyone seems sceptical of Kindles at first.  I have a Sony e-reader but am getting a Kindle as well for my birthday.  It's the best way to read.  Particularly when we go on holiday.

Martin

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB !

Congratulations on your new Kindle...your story is fairly typical.  You will find that the KB enhances the whole "Kindle experience".

I found Clive Cussler on his first book and have not missed one through his entire career....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes !! ;D
My author list should have included many others though, as i am a classics fan too !!
Never been to Woodhenge though Stanford.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Clive Cussler fan and author!
Hope you enjoy the boards and thanks for supporting the self-published author.
Mike Cyra

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi John,

Welcome! I'm new too and I know exactly what you mean about having doubts about the Kindle. Maybe it's my age (I'm 44) and growing up lugging pounds of paperbacks on holidays camping always brings up warm memories. My partner finally bought me one with the leather case and reading light and now I will never go back. The light is awesome for the tent!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts