Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure I can keep up with the pace of this board, but I will try! Been lurking for a few days now and already going broke! Ordered some decals from Decal Gal, looking at the J'Totes bag as a birthday present and already had the MEdge cover on my birthday wish list.

I've had my Kindle for almost a year now and still love it! Luckily my husband ordered it early last year so I got it in early December before the huge rush! I almost sold it on Ebay for $1000, but dang - I wanted it!  :D

I live in GA, north of Atlanta, and run a pug rescue group here in the southeast that's expanded up to MO too. Along with my "real" job (electrical engineer) I stay pretty busy, but try to still find time to read my Kindle.... who has yet to be named.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning more about our beloved Kindles and reading suggestions. I've already downloaded some samples of suggestions from some of you. I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and enjoying it. I did finish up the Twilight Series not long ago and found myself having a hard time getting into another book after that! But, so far Edgar's holding my interest.

Sorry for the novel.  :-\

Brenda

G

·
All righty then.  Hello to another GA person!  Welcome to the forums.  It is kinda hard to keep up with, almost a full time job in itself. 

I live 250 miles south of Atlanta, close to the swamp.  :)  I've only had my Kindle for 5 days and I love it.

Pugs are such nice dogs, it's hard to imagine they need rescuing. 

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome! I also live north of the ATL, up in Roswell, very close to the river.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Great to have you join us Brenda! We have lots of fun here. I am one state over in Alabama, 19 miles south of Birmingham. We all share a passion for reading and Kindling. I see you've already found accessories. ;) Be sure and visit The book Corner, we have bookclubs starting in Jan that we are excited about.

Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Brenda, welcome! Glad to have you here. I'm way up in Maine, no where near Georgia...LOL

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Brenda M. said:
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure I can keep up with the pace of this board, but I will try! Been lurking for a few days now and already going broke! Ordered some decals from Decal Gal, looking at the J'Totes bag as a birthday present and already had the MEdge cover on my birthday wish list.

I've had my Kindle for almost a year now and still love it! Luckily my husband ordered it early last year so I got it in early December before the huge rush! I almost sold it on Ebay for $1000, but dang - I wanted it! :D

I live in GA, north of Atlanta, and run a pug rescue group here in the southeast that's expanded up to MO too. Along with my "real" job (electrical engineer) I stay pretty busy, but try to still find time to read my Kindle.... who has yet to be named.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning more about our beloved Kindles and reading suggestions. I've already downloaded some samples of suggestions from some of you. I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and enjoying it. I did finish up the Twilight Series not long ago and found myself having a hard time getting into another book after that! But, so far Edgar's holding my interest.

Sorry for the novel. :-\

Brenda
Brenda, welcome!

As Linda mentioned, we have book clubs coming to the Book Corner in January, but we have information about them now, be sure to check it out! Feel free to post there about Edgar Sawtelle, as it's one of the best selling Kindle books, I believe.

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome Brenda! I'm also an east coast girl, further north in Maryland.

Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the Kindlehood. My one suggestion on getting started on this board is use the "show unread post since last visit" and try to "visit" often. This board is addictive as our Kindles are.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Howdy Brenda and welcome out of lurkdom!! Yes, this place can be hard to keep up with and I tried that at first and found it was taking up all my reading time!! I now concentrate on the areas that interest me most and find I am now back to reading more on the Kindle than on the boards. I have only had my Kindle for a bit less than a month and just got it back from my daughter who kindlenapped it for the past 3 days while here for the holidays! Glad to have you here... enjoy!  :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Brenda :) I'm in Ft. Stewart near Savannah. I have a pug named Jazzy. They are the best dogs ever and I just want to thank you for the work you do with the rescue and welcome you to kindleboards.

G

·
Kindled Spirit said:
Hi Brenda :) I'm in Ft. Stewart near Savannah. I have a pug named Jazzy. They are the best dogs ever and I just want to thank you for the work you do with the rescue and welcome you to kindleboards.
I just live down the road a piece from you in Blackshear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Brenda! Greetings from Lithonia, GA.

Cute pic. Pugs are so cute and I love their charming personalities.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.  ;D

G

·
My sister breeds pugs.  Several years ago, she gave our aunt in Kentucky a pug puppy.  They were inseparable up to the day poor ol' T.T.(named for my sister's Nick name) finally died. 

She was a great comfort to my aunt and a very smart dog.  My aunt misses her terribly.

We have a family cemetery.  My aunt has here head stone there ready for the day when it's her turn to go...T.T. was buried next to it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Awwww vampy what a great story :'( I can understand that completely. Pugs are the greatest and jazzy and I are very close. We plan to get another one next year. Is your sister located in Ga.? I would love information for a possible future purchase. If you don't want to give it out on here just send me a personal message.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts