Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I ordered K2s because she in particular has always wanted a Kindle and they became available at right around the time our federal tax refund did.  We're getting two.  The order status finally changed to "shipping soon" last night and we're very happy.

I browsed the FAQ and some resources on Amazon and let me ask here:  She says that once our Kindles have a serial number assigned to them, anything we buy for them will arrive loaded onto them when we get them Wednesday.  That's great but, why wouldn't they come loaded with anything I buy from now until they assign a serial number?  It sounds like they just synch it to its account before they seal the UPS box.  It's certainly not a big deal, I understand that anything I buy now I can download wirelessly and/or synch from my laptop once I get it, I was just curious.

Matt

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Matt.  Nice to have you here.  I'll let someone more knowlegable answer your question.  But I believe they will not "load" until the first time you turn Whispernet on. 
deb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Some people have reported that purchased items were on their Kindle when it arrived. When mine arrived, the items I had purchased were not on it, but downloaded via WhisperNet in a few minutes.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Matt - Welcome to you and the Mrs for joining!  There are quite a few kindle kouples here so you should be right at home.  Any questions you might have, as you have found out, will be answered pretty quickly, and best of all correctly.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Matt! Hope you enjoy your Kindles and KindleBoards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts