Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Brenda and I'll be ordering my first K2 on Friday!

I live with my husband (25 years next month), 2 youngest kids, 2 Golden Retrievers, and a very spoiled cat. I also have 3 older kids who are out on their own now and the most precious, smartest granddaughter in the country!

One of my older sons is in the Air Force and stationed in Germany. I first seriously started researching Kindles as a gift for him. He loves to read, and I figure when he deploys it will be a lot easier to pack a Kindle than to try to lug 25 paperbacks with him!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this place last night. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome, Brenda!

Congratulations on ordering your new Kindle, you will love it.

Sailor

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Brenda! KindleBoards is such a great place to spend time, the only downside is that it cuts into your reading time! Have you been to The Book Corner? Lots of threads to enjoy, including books Recommended by our Members and also additional sites for Book Lovers.
Then there is the Book Bazaar, where our member authors post about their books and on the writing end of the process. It is also where you will find Bargain Books and even Free Books!
Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting is where to got for answers to questions and with FAQ. Or just ask, many very knowledgeable and helpful people here.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place for discussing all things in the Kindle world.
Photo Gallery is where members post pictures of landscapes flowers, pets, themselves or anything else they are interested in and think we might be.
Last is the Accessories board, where you can find posts about bags, covers book lights, skins, stands and many other items to personalize your Kindle. If you need help, dozens of people and pictures will guide you were you want to go.
Glad you found us and hope you contnue to love your Kindle and enjoy KIndleBoards!
]

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Brenda.  You sound like you have a very full life.  We like to talk about a whole bunch of stuff around here, including pets, kids, and anything else you can think of, which I'm sure you've discovered. 
Hope you find time to visit us often.
deb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome, Brenda. I think you are right that a Kindle is a great way to take a library of books on deployment! I'm awaiting the arrival of a Kindle 2 for one of my sons in the military. He's already deployed. I've studied lots of the threads here to find out how to best protect it for use in Iraq, and I've gotten some ideas for books, too. KB members have been very friendly and helpful.

Once the K2 arrives, I plan to post a few photos of the Kindle Kit care package I'll be sending.

I don't know if the Kindle you ordered is for you or your son, but I know since I've poked around these boards, I'm interested in getting one for myself!

--Shelley

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guernsey said:
Welcome, Brenda. I think you are right that a Kindle is a great way to take a library of books on deployment! I'm awaiting the arrival of a Kindle 2 for one of my sons in the military. He's already deployed. I've studied lots of the threads here to find out how to best protect it for use in Iraq, and I've gotten some ideas for books, too. KB members have been very friendly and helpful.

Once the K2 arrives, I plan to post a few photos of the Kindle Kit care package I'll be sending.

I don't know if the Kindle you ordered is for you or your son, but I know since I've poked around these boards, I'm interested in getting one for myself!

--Shelley
Hi, Shelley. I started researching for my son but decided to go ahead and get one for myself, just to try it out! The whole family knows I can't resist a new electronic toy! Right now, my son is stationed in Germany, but I'm bracing myself for the day he calls and tells me he's being deployed. With as much as he loves to read, I know that having instant access to a virtual pile of books will go a long way towards keeping him out of trouble.

I'm looking forward to seeing your care package! Which reminds me, I need to get working on one again.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. This is such a fun place to hang out!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Brenda!  Welcome to the KB.  I also live in North Georgia.  I live in Catoosa County, near Chattanooga, TN.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sandypeach said:
Hey Brenda! Welcome to the KB. I also live in North Georgia. I live in Catoosa County, near Chattanooga, TN.
Well, hi there, neighbor! I'm on Lookout Mountain, right near Covenant College. Just a bit north of you. Nice to know that I'm not the only "nut" in this part of the woods. ;) Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome Brenda
I'm a Georgia girl now too.  :) I'm also very familiar with Covenant College because I grew up in Chattanooga. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
906 Posts
sandypeach said:
Hey Brenda! Welcome to the KB. I also live in North Georgia. I live in Catoosa County, near Chattanooga, TN.
SandyPeach,
Do you live in Ringgold? From previous posts you've made for some reason I thought you were in Calhoun

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Brenda - nice to have you here.  We have some folks in Germany that are kindle owners and kindleboarders, surprised your son has not found them and started bugging you for a kindle, well when he finds out you have one he probably will  ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Brenda!  Glad to have you join our happy family...
jp

·
Registered
238 Posts
So, if my count is right, there are three Kindle lovers in GA named Brenda! How funny is that as I know no one else with my name. :)

Welcome aboard Brenda. I live in Suwanee and have 2 rescue pugs and two grown step-daughters (twins) and two adorable grandsons!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts