Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!! ::waves:

I'm a So. Calif. mom of 2, married....Always loved reading & have been researching the Kindle 2.

I just joined the Kindle Boards today--( being TODAY I ordered my K2!!!!!!!!!) WOO HOOO!!! My K2 is due to arrive May 8!! (it's going to be my anniv./Mother's Day/ & bday gift). LOL! ;D

I've researched a TON & was a bit nervous to order because I kept thinking "what if I don't like it or something?" I'm like, "No....how could that be??" Plus Amazon has the 30 day return. So if that were to happen, I have nothing to lose I guess.

So decided to take the plunge!! ;)

(btw: My fave authors are: Jackie Collins, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, & Nicholas Sparks)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Welcome Junebug.  Congratulations on your K purchase, and on joining the Boards.  Kindlewatch!!
Be sure to check out the threads in the book corner.  Many many suggestions.  Join in on the fun around here.  We have lots of fun. 
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drenee said:
Welcome Junebug. Congratulations on your K purchase, and on joining the Boards. Kindlewatch!!
Be sure to check out the threads in the book corner. Many many suggestions. Join in on the fun around here. We have lots of fun.
deb
Thanks!!!!!!!! Will do!!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Welcome aboard!!  8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot everyone!! LOL I'm so PUMPED I already d/l the kindle iphone app (to ck it out) and d/l'd a bunch of FREE classics! SO COOL! Now I'm really excited to get my K2!!

So far d/l'd :  Dracula, Frankenstein, Little Women, A Christmas Carol, Cinderella, The Invisible Man, The Blue Fairy Bk, The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula's Guest


Ok, I am OUT OF CONTROL!! ..and I think I'm going 2 like my K2! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Around here that's not out of control.  That's normal. 
Download away, and do not hestitate to share your excitement with us.  We LOVE that.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drenee said:
Around here that's not out of control. That's normal.
Download away, and do not hestitate to share your excitement with us. We LOVE that.
deb
How funny!! Good to know that I'm normal & fitting right in!! Thx!!

Ya, I'm d/ling away...........so many interesting classic bks out there that I've never read.....The way I'm going I won't have to buy any new bks. I planned on only buying maybe 3...but with all these interesting classics...who knows?! whew...

So how does this work...I mean I d/l'd all these FREE bks to my iphone....So when I recieve my Kindle and turn it on--It will automatically d/l the bks I got from Amazon straight into the kindle like it did to my iphone?

I mean that's it....turn on the kindle & it'll begin syncing? Cause I was wondering...wait, I'm d/ling before I have the kindle physically here...i know it's sent wirelessly using whispernet. Is it sending the bk info I'm d/ling (even NOW...when the kindle hasn't even been delivered) I mean when the kindle is not even turned on or whatever. Or is it til I turn it on that it begins recognizing my Amazon acct. info and begin to d/l.

Sorry for the clueless questions. Ugh. :-\ (gives away I'm a total newbie) ACK! LOL! ::)

Thanks!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
When you turn on the K2 and turn on the Whispernet it will tell you you have so many items archived.  You can then klick on the item you want it to download and a few seconds later it will be on your K2. 
Please don't ever worry about asking newbie questions.  We thrive on that around here.  We all asked them, and in my case I asked a lot of stupid questions. 
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Congratulations! Very exciting. I'm a Valley boy from Southern California. There seems to be a lot of people with Kindles around here, and yet I still haven't seen one "in the wild."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drenee said:
When you turn on the K2 and turn on the Whispernet it will tell you you have so many items archived. You can then klick on the item you want it to download and a few seconds later it will be on your K2.
Please don't ever worry about asking newbie questions. We thrive on that around here. We all asked them, and in my case I asked a lot of stupid questions.
deb
Oh ok, Thanks so much for explaining to me how that works! ;D Good to know everyone is so helpful and friendly here! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
speters said:
Congratulations! Very exciting. I'm a Valley boy from Southern California. There seems to be a lot of people with Kindles around here, and yet I still haven't seen one "in the wild."
Thank you so much!! Ya, I'm so excited, I can't wait for Fri to get here!! Hmm....maybe one of these days I may come into contact with someone "in the wild" being a lot of So Cal people have them. Hmm...Shoot, maybe someone will spot me when I'm out "in the wild!" LOL! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
Welcome JUNEBUG!!!  I'm sure you'll enjoy our family....
jp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, JUNEBUG!
Getting excited about a Kindle is something we all understand. Have you checked out our section, The Book Corner? There you will find links likeBargain Books, Free Books
and books Recommended by our Members. Loads of stuff to keep you reading for some time. Then there is Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting For help with any problems you may have and Let's Talk Kindle When you just want to talk about all things Kindle related. We have a Photo Gallery for pictures of yourself, pets or just favorite pictures. That brings us to one of my favorites, Accessories! That's where to find all the information on personalizing your Kindle, Skins Covers, bags, light and more. Glad you found KindleBoards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
intinst said:
Greetings and Welcome, JUNEBUG!
Getting excited about a Kindle is something we all understand. Have you checked out our section, The Book Corner? There you will find links likeBargain Books, Free Books
and books Recommended by our Members. Loads of stuff to keep you reading for some time. Then there is Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting For help with any problems you may have and Let's Talk Kindle When you just want to talk about all things Kindle related. We have a Photo Gallery for pictures of yourself, pets or just favorite pictures. That brings us to one of my favorites, Accessories! That's where to find all the information on personalizing your Kindle, Skins Covers, bags, light and more. Glad you found KindleBoards.
Thanks so much for all your info!!!!!!!!! Ya...I've been cking all the boards out....but didn't notice the Tips, tricks, & troubleshooting, nor the Book Corner boards. I'll be sure to ck those out today, Thx!!!!!!

OMG I AM SOOOO excited....K2 & cover should be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!! :D
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top