Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the boards here for a few weeks. I got my Kindle 2 three weeks ago and I've been loving it. I've even been playing less World of Warcraft because of the time I'm spending reading and checking out this forum.

I'm a 54 year old X-ray tech, pagan, Mensa member, married, with one grown son. I love science fiction, historical novels and historical mystery novels. Good reference works also interest me- no matter the topic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome X-Ray Witch!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
X-Ray (you don't mind if I call you that, do you  ;D),

welcome!!!!  Congratulations on your new Kindle!  Glad you're finding KindleBoards as compelling as the rest of us!  I'm sure you've found the Book Corner by now with all of its book recommedations, AND we have book klubs!

Betsy

·
Registered
530 Posts
X-Ray Witch said:
I've even been playing less World of Warcraft because of the time I'm spending reading and checking out this forum.
LOL I have as well, although it is not really due to my Kindle purchase since I have had mine for awhile but I have been on a reading streak ever since I joined the boards and that has me playing less WoW.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, X-ray Witch! Betsy mentioned The Book Corner, so I won't elaborate on it except to provide the link. BUT, she didn't mention Accessories! There you will find all kinds of info on covers, skins, lights. totes and on and on and on... Well you get the idea. Everything to personalize your new best friend. Hope you continue to love the K2 and KindleBoards!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Becki said:
From one newbie to another...Welcome.

Be careful if you visit the Accessoies Forum.
I don't understand all the warnings about Accessories. If you keep your credit card in the freezer between visits to that board, the way I do, there is hardly any chance of it melting from overheating. ;)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
X-Ray Witch said:
I've even been playing less World of Warcraft because of the time I'm spending reading and checking out this forum.
You'll be doing less of *everything* because of the time you spend here. It's addictive.

Welcome!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the Family X-Ray Witch! When I think of Staten Island I think of Denino's Pizza and a nice McSorley's Draught..
jp

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Addictive, obsessive, but not over-bearing - that's us - well except for some of the dreaded ENABLERS.  We are a warm and friendly group and want to wish you a BIG welcome X-Ray Witch.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
Addictive, obsessive, but not over-bearing - that's us - well except for some of the dreaded ENABLERS. We are a warm and friendly group and want to wish you a BIG welcome X-Ray Witch.
One day we are going to get you Anju and your little Kindle too... ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow, hello X-ray from a former Staten Islander (7th generation) and now residing in Myrtle Beach.  Still miss Staten Island though.  I'll bet it's changed a lot in 17 years.

Welcome aboard!  You will love the friendly conversations here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jpmorgan49 said:
Welcome to the Family X-Ray Witch! When I think of Staten Island I think of Denino's Pizza and a nice McSorley's Draught..
jp
and ices at Ralphs for dessert ;D
KCFoggin said:
Wow, hello X-ray from a former Staten Islander (7th generation) and now residing in Myrtle Beach. Still miss Staten Island though. I'll bet it's changed a lot in 17 years.

Welcome aboard! You will love the friendly conversations here.
Not a native, but I've been here 23 years and it's changed a lot in that time.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
X-Ray Witch said:
and ices at Ralphs for dessert ;D
Not a native, but I've been here 23 years and it's changed a lot in that time.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!
Holy smokes...a fellow Staten Islander! I'm not a native either...been here 24 years. Nice to have you here!

Ralphs is the best!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts