Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Jaylynn, long-time Wisconsinite recently transplanted to Oregon. I had a Sony Reader, then a K1 late last year and now I'm waiting for my K2. This is a great place-- fun people and wonderful information. I was wondering if there might be such a thing as a cover available for Kindles other than the one I got with my K1. So I googled and..... whoa! Little did I know! Great resource you all are.

I'm a pediatrician and I read whenever I can. I love paper books still, very much, and don't think I have to choose between paper books and my Kindle. I still buy both. [whispering] And I don't like the term "DTB" so I won't be using it here. To each his/her own.

Thanks for the great community here. The only problem is that it's just a teensy bit addictive....but hey. Who needs to work, clean their house or feed children? Not me! Not anymore!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  You came to right place to hear about accessories.  Some of the folks on here even accessorize their accessories.  No kidding. 

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi jaylynn and a warm welcome to you.

Hey, I have some precious DTBs that I will probably never part with, but all my reading is now done on the Kindle.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jaylynn - nice to have you here.  So you went from snow to rain and snow  ;D  I too have some DTBs that I will keep, but do all my reading - if possible - on the kindle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, jaylynn.  I, also, started with a Sony Reader before I got a Kindle.  I love my Kindle and purchase most of my books released by well-recognized publishers from the Kindle store.  I still use my Sony Reader, though, for PDF books that I buy from niche publishers (love the PDF reflow feature).

I agree with you about paper books, also, even though ebooks are now initial reading choice.  However, paper books are still the king when it comes to long-term keepers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melwat, a reader after my own heart!  I will always have both kinds of books.

Thanks for the nice welcome, people...!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Jaylynn! Whoa, did you say a teensy bit addictive? No one else has noticed that. ;) More like needing a fix from kindle boards in the worst way. Anything we can do to help you move on into full blown addiction like the rest of us, let us know. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts