Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Stephanie and I'm in SLC, UT.  My Husband just got me a Kindle for our 11th wedding anniversary (that poor thing got 3 CDs!! :p) and I am loving it!!!

My first official download was 'Queen of the Road' by Doreen Orion.  (LOVE IT!!  She is TOO funny!!!)

I'm still trying to figure things out, but thanks to all the great posters here, this is what I have done so far:

Ordered 3 skins from decalgirl.  I ordered:
Arabian Nights
Dragon Fan
Quest

Yesterday, I ordered a Stephanie's Plum Kindle Travel Bag from Borsa Bella.

I have also checked out the Oberon website.  Their work is truly beautiful, but I really prefer the platform style holder from M-Edge.  I have the Pebbled Purple.

I downloaded 'His Majesty's Dragon' for FREE!!!    ;)

My Kindle has yet to be named, but it will reveal itself in due time.

I thank you all so much for the knowledge I have already gleaned in my short time here (2 days) and look forward to learning much more!

Wishing each of you a wonderful day!    :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Stephanie! Looks like you are already very familiar with the Accessories area, but there is the link, anyway. Have you checked out The Book Corner and found the Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members? Lots more reading ideas there. Be sure and read in Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting for information on dealing with you Kindle. Any questions you have, just ask, many hepful and Knowlegeable people here. (Sometimes they are even the same person ;) ) Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Stephanie - Welcome to the klub of readers and enablers!  We love to read and to enable and are happiest when doing one or the other, unless we are on kindleboards.  Don't worry about your DH, he's probably happy because you are ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards Stephanie!!

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Welcome, Stephanie.  I'm rather new here myself.  I'm looking at kindleboards and forgetting to go on facebook some days!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome Stephanie.

I second the 'post' that says I'm neglecting Facebook in favor of this site.  ;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Stephanie!  Remember when you bought the Kindle they forgot to print the warning "May be habit forming". then again you could have a worse habit... ;D
jp

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Stephanie and welcome to KindleBoards. Don't worry about coming up with a name, one will come to you. I referred to mine as Kindle With No Name while trying to come up with a name and ended up with the name KWINN (Kindle WIth No Name) as was suggested by a fellow KB member.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Stephanie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts