Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I am sad and tired of waiting and I know that there are others like me out there!

My husband bought me a Kindle for my birthday on December 4, 2008. It is, of course, backordered (THANK YOU OPRAH!) and I will not be receiving it until sometime between February 25 and March 4. In the meantime, I am browsing books available and actually holding off reading books because I want to read them on my Kindle, if it ever gets here!

I also have been having tremendous joint pain in both of my hands (which is bizarre since I am only 35) and holding books while lounging/laying down kills me. My Kindle should help with that, I hope, and I just want it to get here!

In the meantime, I was directed to this site to read and learn about my Kindle!!  I am glad to have found you all!  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! There are any number of people here to help you do most anything the Kindle will do. Great bunch of very friendly people. There are also several of us like you who are waiting for their precious. No one gives us a bad time when we complain. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome,

We're a fun and friendly bunch who can hopefully help you with the pain of waiting...you can use the time to learn all about your Kindle so you'll be ready to read the minute it arrives.

L

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I just went through the exact same thing as you. My hubby bought my Kindle in October and it was stashed somewhere in the house until Christmas. I had to promise that I would not snoop. I managed (barely) to make it until Christmas Day but I have never been in such a big hurry for the kids to get here so we could get to opening the packages. It was the very last package pulled out from under the tree so the wait was almost painful. Turns out they had all made an agreement that it had to be last because they were afraid I would just stop with the gift opening once I got the Kindle. They know me way too well.

Hang here with us until it finally arrives. It will help the waiting.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hang in there - you might just get it sooner than expected.

Nice to have you here while you are waiting though!  :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Kayter and welcome! So sorry you have to wait, but you have come to the right place to hang out in the meantime! Everyone here will be more than happy to help you pass the time.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes and the support everyone!! I went ahead and voted in the poll of order dates v. arrivals and I am encouraged as it looks like the order time just prior to mine have all shipped, yet my order time has no ships so maybe I am next?!?! Believe me, if Amazon ships my Kindle out way sooner than expected, I will be the first on the phone complimenting them AND going on every discussion board that I have joined (3 of them) and sing their praises (YOU HEAR ME AMAZON?!?! I PROMISE!) ;D

I will check in very often and grow green with jealousy over those of you who are enjoying the heck out of your Kindles.....

Isn't patience a virtue? Shoot, I have none then!

I have not anticipated the arrival of a material possesion this much since the Cabbage Patch Craze and even then, I didn't know that I was getting one for Christmas so there was not too much knowing I was getting it yet having to wait.

Looking forward to chatting with you all more!!! Cheers!! ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts