Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the world of Kindle. I had heard of it before, but really didn't know much about it. I was on Amazon.com on Saturday and saw an add for the new K2. I watched some of the videos and read the information they had on it and though that it would be the perfect thing to take with me for my upcoming business trip to Israel. I entered my credit card info and now here I am excited like a kid on X-mas eve. I can't wait to get it and start reading.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome,KK! Glad to have you with us. As a time filler while waiting, check out the Book Corner for good ideas on reading material. Keep us posted on your new "precious."

·
Registered
9 Posts
:)  Welcome aboard.  You won't be disappointed by your Kindle.  I've had mine for almost a year and I can't imagine being without it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say that I was a little nervous buying such an expensive luxury item, especially in this economy, when I am not a voracious reader. I get into cycles were I read a lot and then cycles where I do not. I have a feeling the Kindle will shorten the non reading cycles though as I am sure I will carry it everywhere now.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The Kindle Kid said:
I have to say that I was a little nervous buying such an expensive luxury item, especially in this economy, when I am not a voracious reader. I get into cycles were I read a lot and then cycles where I do not. I have a feeling the Kindle will shorten the non reading cycles though as I am sure I will carry it everywhere now.
I too get into reading cycles...but since owning a kindle since October there hasn't been one day that I haven't used it. I keep it in my purse and read it while waiting at a restaurant, the doctor's office and of course on planes. You will love it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Kindle Kid - be sure and check out the Book Klub where you will get all kinds of suggestions to save your $ for buying books.  You will absolutely love your kindle for traveling and it is so much easier to read a K than a DYB for sure.

Nice to have you here.  8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome! i'm new myself :)

Just a heads up- my aunt in israel tells me that the kindle wireless system doesn't work there (different wi-fi system i suppose). So stock up on a bunch of books on your new kindle before you go. you WILL find yourself reading more when travelling, it's really awesome. enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts