Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kindle-rs,
I'm a retired NYPD Detective who is a Professional Dive Master turned author.  My best selling book, BARRACUDA,  is now available on Kindle Books for .99 cents. I'll be brief in my introduction and just state that BARRACUDA, will be enjoyed by readers who appreciate the aquatic action of Jaws, the mob intrigue of The Godfather, and the police procedural sense of The Onion Field.

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself and my novel,
Mike Monahan

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome. Glad to have you here. Thanks for the info on your book. Here's a link for those who want to learn more:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the KB!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the Kindle Boards!

Based on this thread I followed the link and bought it for my Kindle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Kindle-ers,
Thanks for the warm reception and the purchases of Barracuda. I can see this is a popular and busy thread, so I will follow it closely. I have spotted several cool friends from the Amazon Shameless Forum here and I wish them well.

Read on,
Mike Monahan
author of
Barracuda

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Mike,
Welcome to KB.
Please browse the threads and join in the fun.
There is much information on the Kindle1 and Kindle2 as well as info on how to enhance the use of them.
We also have info and reviews of accessories (we can be brutally honest and stanchly loyal).
And we have a growing list of authors resident here who are widening our reading horizons and some are leading Book Klubs. 
But this is also a social place, so feel free to join in on lighting sparklers, throwing confetti and slurping down a margarita or two.  And don't forget Chocolate Cake (we LIKE chocolate cake).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Geaoffthomas,
I love the brutally honest & loyalty of the thread members, so I must be brutally honest.  I ate the chocolate cake myself.  ;-(  I didn't even share with my pal, Mr. McGillicuddy, my loyal cat.

Shameless Mike Monahan

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome aboard man - we can't have enough cops here.  8)

finishing my 20th this August.

Dwayne

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Mike - going to go download your book quickly, love personal experience type books!

Nice to have you here and hope you will join in and keep posting.  I really don't like the authors that just jump in to promote their books and then disappear, I like getting to know them and hope you will be one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Anju,
I'm sticking around here for a looong time. I wish to build up a reader base and wish readers of Barracuda will post reviews on Amazon.com. I also believe that people who buy my book have a right to get to know the author. I posted this on my blog:

more action pix 4 those who asked. scuba, skydiving, kayaking, motorcycling, Bosnia, gliding etc. Feedback pls. http://mikemonahanbooks.tripod.com/photos/

I hope you enjoy :)

Mike Monahan
author of
Barracuda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Mike Monahan said:
Hi Anju,
I'm sticking around here for a looong time. I wish to build up a reader base and wish readers of Barracuda will post reviews on Amazon.com. I also believe that people who buy my book have a right to get to know the author. I posted this on my blog:

more action pix 4 those who asked. scuba, skydiving, kayaking, motorcycling, Bosnia, gliding etc. Feedback pls. http://mikemonahanbooks.tripod.com/photos/

I hope you enjoy :)

Mike Monahan
author of
Barracuda
Mike - if your book is good, you will get Amazon reviews, as well as kindleboard reviews and lots of feedback from us non-opinionated (is that a word LOL) KBers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anju,
I'm banking on the vast majority of kindle-ers enjoying Barracuda, Its only .99 cents, but the pleasure I get from reading reviews is priceless. Geez, I sound like a TV commercial.  :)

Mike Monahan

1 - 20 of 66 Posts