Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!  I just did the mother of all switches - returned the Sony PRS-505 for a Kindle2!  I was thrilled to find this forum with all of the information, both technical & fun!

Cheers!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome F1Wild.  I made the switch, too.  Avoid the enablers and you'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Wild! Yes this really is a good site, lots to learn and do. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you ar thinking of personalizing yur Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KIndleBoards.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jazzi said:
Welcome F1Wild. I made the switch, too. Avoid the enablers and you'll be fine. :)
Thanks - live and learn, right?!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
intinst said:
Greetings and Welcome, Wild! Yes this really is a good site, lots to learn and do. Have you been to our area...Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KIndleBoards.
Thanks so much for the wealth of info. I'm starting out slow (in accessories), but will cruise through the rest in no time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
284 Posts
F1Wild said:
Thanks - live and learn, right?!
Yeah, I guess so. I love my Kindle, but if the Sony had the Whispernet access to the Amazon catalog, I'd be visiting Sonyboards, instead. :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers!  Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yay...Yippee...Yahoo!!!

A convert: Welcome!!! You will NOT miss that Sony one bit. Whispernet is a wonderful wonderful thing!! Congrats on the switch. I made my cousin switch hers too. She couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There was a time when I actually considered a Sony 505, that was a moment of weakness and I am ashamed. LOL.

You made a great choice! Be sure to check out the great accessories for your K2: booklights, skin, cover, bag, and all those other goodies. :D

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Welcome !! Glad you found KB :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Do you happen to be a fan of Formula 1??

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome.

I saw the Sony ebook at Sam's club, but it was the Kindle's Whispernet that did it for me too.

Laurie

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Welcome! When I was researching for my first ever ereader, I thought about Sony, but I have a Mac and didn't want to have to deal with the hassle. Plus, I love Whispernet and Amazon's book selection. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
284 Posts
back2nature said:
Welcome.

I saw the Sony ebook at Sam's club, but it was the Kindle's Whispernet that did it for me too.
Absolutely! I've owned them both (actually two versions of each), and Whispernet is the difference-maker.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kind said:
Welcome to the boards! Do you happen to be a fan of Formula 1??
Sorry for the delay, but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

You?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts