Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all didn't warn me on how cool the samples were! I got one book so far from the sample alone. I am soooooooo going to be broke if I fall in love with every book from the samples!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know! I love the samples, too. I used to buy DTB's, read a few pages or a chapter and only then realize that I don't like the book. I've wasted so much money doing that! The sample option is going to save me so much money, and the one-click feature is going to cost me many times more than what I'm saving  ;).

Another thing I love is the lookup function. It's so much handier than getting out the big dictionary.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a question regarding samples, does anyone know how the sample sections are selected?

When I got my kindle a while back I got several samples thinking I would get the first chapter maybe.
What I ended up with was the forward, table of contents, dedications, and about 2-3 pages of the first chapter.

From what you all are saying, it sound like i just picked a few duds ;D... but it does make one wonder who's responsibility it is to select the sample section (amazon, publish, author?) and if none is defined does it simply send you the first "so  many" pages.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Robster I am not exactly sure how it works, I think it may vary. I have gotten as many as 3 chapters on a few books, a chapter and less than a chapter.  ???
Linda

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I only have looked at one sample so far, and it was pretty skimpy. Have to go browsing now and check them out.

For those of you who want to help support the cost of running Kindleboards through your Amazon purchases, you know that if you click on a Kindleboards link to Amazon, whether at the top or bottom of the page, or the links people embed in their posts, Kindleboards gets a tiny percentage. If you purchase a book through a sample, even if the sample was ordered through a Kindleboards link, Kindleboards does not get the cut (Note to Amazon, you need to figure this out!) No requirement to do this, but if you want Kboards to get the cut, come back through Kindleboards to Amazon to make the purchase.

Now, I'm going to go check my samples..,

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
Some one that's got cash and can really afford it needs to buy that $6000.00 book about nuclear energy through the KB link.  :) The boards would be set!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts