Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Diana, from the Amazon boards.  Have been browsing here for a bit, finally decided to post :)  Glad to see some familiar names here!  Looking forward to chatting. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Diana, welcome! Glad to have you here. I think you'll find this place a vast improvement over Amazon...no trolls, no spam, and you can search.

Enjoy the community. We have lots of fun.

L

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes!  Leslie, that is why I decided to come over, I enjoy the chat and the trolls over there are outrageous!

I also would love to join a book club.  I saw that mentioned on the board.  I will most definitely participate in that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi My name is Kathy and I just received my Kindle yesterday. I'm looking around trying to figure out how to get the most out of it. I already hat the cover and with so many choice (some very expensive) I'm unsure which one to buy. Also I want a light but from what I have read the best one is not shipping til 1/26. And I need a SD card!! OMGOODNESS I'm getting a headache!!! LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
katrayher said:
Hi My name is Kathy and I just received my Kindle yesterday. I'm looking around trying to figure out how to get the most out of it. I already hat the cover and with so many choice (some very expensive) I'm unsure which one to buy. Also I want a light but from what I have read the best one is not shipping til 1/26. And I need a SD card!! OMGOODNESS I'm getting a headache!!! LOL
Welcome Kathy, you are in the right place! Glad to hear you've gotten your Kindle! Take some time and consider your options on accessories, I made a couple of bad choices before I found this wonderful place, but by reading the Accessories thread I've found true accessories happiness ;)

Katiekat

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
katrayher said:
Welcome Kathy! We are glad you are here. Congratulations on receiving your Kindle! We have bookklubs starting in Jan, check it out in the Book Corner.

Happy Kindling!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Diana,

Welcome Aboard!

Glad to have yet another person here from the "other side"  ;)

Thanks for posting and see you around,

Marci

·
Registered
869 Posts
katrayher said:
Hi My name is Kathy and I just received my Kindle yesterday. ...
Welcome Aboard, Kathy -

You are still in the bonding stage. Not to worry, it's the most exciting time ;D

You will get plenty of help in deciding what to get in Accessories and what to read in the Book Corner.

Glad to have you here,

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Diana - I am with you, I was on the Amazon site for awhile, but somehow Leslie convinced me, without even trying to to check this place out.  What a change!

Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Kathy, welcome...

Yes, every now and then I go over to the amazon board, throw a little spam around, and convince a few more people to join us here. This is a friendly and fun place. Make yourself at home!

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Diana said:
I am Diana, from the Amazon boards. Have been browsing here for a bit, finally decided to post :) Glad to see some familiar names here! Looking forward to chatting.
Diana

welcome to the Kindleboards! We have the first book klub starting in less than a week. Check out the Book Corner for more information. Even if you don't have your Kindle yet, you can join in with a paper book from the library. Keep you busy while you wait!

Betsy

·
Registered
447 Posts
Diana said:
I am Diana, from the Amazon boards. Have been browsing here for a bit, finally decided to post :) Glad to see some familiar names here! Looking forward to chatting.
Welcome Diane! I came over from the Amazon boards on December 3rd. I'm here to stay as the Kindle Boards are the best! We look forward to reading about your Kindle experiences.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow..thanks for all the welcomes.  I have already checked out the book club.  Very excited about that--tried twice to get book clubs going and never had people who were good at commitment!  I am already looking into Outlander!  This is right up my alley :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Diana,

Your puppy looks like an exact replica of my brother's dog, LOL  :D

His name is Willie, he is all white, and a mutt.  And I love him dearly.

Marci

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Marci :)

That is Dougal and he ran out in front of my hubby's truck last year.  We notified the shelter and no one claimed him so we took him in.  Took a bit of effort to get him trained, but after several months, he is a real keeper :)  We have another wonderful dog, a german shepard mix--we got her from an animal shelter when she was young.  They are both great companions.  Dougal cracks us up--he is quite a character and always with me.  I will post some pics of Dougal sneaking up on me once while I was eating.  It is quite funny.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Diana, I crossed over from the Amazon boards too. This is a better place.  ;)
Dougal looks fab in his Santa hat! Look forward to seeing you in the Outlander Klub!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts