Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, another new Kindle user! My name's Jess, and I was fortunate enough to receive a Kindle for Christmas (well, technically, I believe it was a birthday present, but they're the same day). My mom got a Kindle in November and ordered one for me, too, since they were actually in stock for once, and she nearly exploded waiting for December 25 to roll around so she could see what I thought of it. My parents and I have always been big readers, though, so there was never any risk that I'd be anything but head-over-heels in love with the Kindle. ;D

I've yet to come up with a fitting name for my Kindle, but it's not entirely neglected: again thanks to my parents, it sports a lovely Dickens Executive Leather Case by bobarra. Lately, I've been eyeing Oberon's Hokusai Wave cover, however; I live in Florida and used to work with the dolphins, seals, sea lions, and manatees at a well-known marine park, so anything having to do with the ocean is perfect for me. Once I save up the money, I'm probably going to purchase the Celtic Hounds cover for my mom first (whoops, I hope she doesn't find these boards...), actually, because she deserves a big "thank you thank you THANK YOU" for giving me a Kindle.

As for reading, I'd started George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series for the third time right before getting my Kindle, and it's sooo great to be able to carry around all four huge volumes in one slim device. Finding the first two books bundled for the price of one didn't hurt, either! (And, even though it looks like there's only one book, based on the cover and the number of pages, both books are included. I was wary of such a good deal, but I'm nearly done with A Clash of Kings at this point, so I know it was legit.) I read so quickly and re-read books so often (and thus I can't bear to part with them) that a Kindle really makes a lot of sense for me; my husband and I live in a two-bedroom condo, and the small part of my book collection that I have here is already taking over. Keeping my books on my Kindle is much more convenient and space-savvy!

I also like to play around with custom screensaver images -- although I would never dream of installing them on my Kindle until after the warranty expires, naturally -- and I'd like to post my favorites here to share with all of you. :) It seems the least I can do to thank you for the help you've already given me in my thread about ghosting and a crooked "Next Page" key! I'm looking forward to learning more and, hopefully, being able to help new Kindle owners myself one day.

Happy reading!

--jesspark

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome Jess!  I loved your screensavers btw.  ;D  Thank you!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome!  It's great to have you here.  I liked the screensaver too!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Jess,

Welcome Aboard!

Good to have you here.

Your screen savers look very nice - my niece would love them  :D

Looking forward to seeing you around the KBs,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Jess, welcome! Glad to have you here.

I have the Hokusai wave cover from Oberon and it's beautiful. I love it.

L

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Welcome!!

I have downloaded the G.R.R. Martin books but have not rea them yet. I have read the first three books but will need to re-read them in order to remember who is who and doing what in the fourth book. I only wish I had the Kindle when his books first came out. It is so much more comfortable to read the giant tomes on the Kindle.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Jess - be sure and check out the Book Corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts